Topics

Revised Superstition Mountain Astronomical League 2018-2019 Schedule of Events (Rev. 1)

William Shaheen

Well, the dusting of snow on the mountains has been just lovely and we are hoping it's a sign of better weather to come.

So, we have revised this season's schedule of observing events to add make-up sessions for the star parties that were canceled due to the weather these past couple months.

We've added 3 events and changed the date for the June session.
Sat. Mar 09 - Peralta Trail Elementary School  7:30 – 9:30pm (Make-up session.) Sat. Apr 06 -  Lost Dutchman State Park           8:00 – 10:00pm (Make-up session.)
Sat. May 04 - Peralta Trail Elementary School  8:00 – 10:00pm (Make-up session.) Sat. Jun 08   - Lost Dutchman State Park           8:00 – 10:00pm (Revised from Jun 01.)

(Please see the attached revised schedule. Changes highlighted in red.)

The next star party is scheduled for Saturday, March 9th, at Peralta Trail Elementary School from 7:30 to 9:30pm. (Our customary, regular notice will be sent to the community on the Sunday prior.)

It's a little to early to try to predict what the weather will look like at that time. But, March typically shows improvement.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you under the stars.

/William Shaheen/
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League®