Topics

Public Star Party at Peralta Trail Elementary School - Saturday, April 14, 2018

The weather forecast does indeed look very promising for the upcoming star party, though maybe a little chilly in the evening. (See https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/az/gold-canyon/85118?cm_ven=localwx_10day )

So, on Saturday, April 14th, we will host a regularly scheduled public star party at Peralta Trail Elementary School from 8:00 to 10:00pm. This will be our "Season Finale".

For a current status and schedule, visit: http://supermtnastro.com/  (Current schedule attached.)

The event will be at the same location as in the past, on the basketball court. But, please park in the school parking lot.

For a map with directions and instructions, visit: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-and-directions (Scroll down to the Peralta location). Dress warm, bring something to sit on (we have no seating), and bring a red covered flashlight. (We can help you with that.)

The directions to park in the school parking lot are intended for the visiting public. Members bringing equipment may drive through the gate and park in the observing area, i.e., the basketball court. Please arrive before dark.

For those needing handicap access, you may drive through the gate and park on the left, before reaching the observing area on the basketball court. Although, in that case, we do ask that you arrive before dark so your headlights will not pose a distraction.

For further Star Party information and details, see the schedule  here: http://supermtnastro.com/

And, again, for a map and directions, see: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you under the stars.

William Shaheen
Superstition
Mountain Astronomical League®