Topics

Public Star Party at Lost Dutchman State Park - Saturday, October 21st, 2017

On Saturday, October 21st, we will conduct a regularly scheduled public Star Party at Lost Dutchman State Park from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. (Current schedule attached.) The weather, again, looks very promising for the weekend.

As usual, we will be located in the Saguaro Day Use area parking lot.
Please see the Map and Directions page here: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions

We do ask that visitors park in either the Cholla Day Use area or its Overflow Parking Lot, across the road (see link to map above) and not drive through the telescope observing area, in order to avoid the distraction of headlights.

Parking in the Saguaro Day Use area, where telescopes will be set-up, is reserved for club members who will be hosting and bringing equipment.

State Park staff will be present to assist and direct visitors to the appropriate parking area.

Note  - Lost Dutchman State Park assesses a $7 per vehicle entrance fee, except for hosts, presenters and volunteers, unless you have an annual pass, which is good for ALL Arizona State Parks, including Boyce-Thompson Arboretum.

You can purchase an annual pass at the park, or visit http://azstateparks.com/ for more information.

For further Star Party information and details, see the schedule  here: http://supermtnastro.com/

And, again, for a map and directions, see: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you under the stars.

William Shaheen
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League

.