Topics

Public Star Party at Lost Dutchman State Park - Saturday, February 9th, 2019

This coming Saturday, February 9th, we will host a regularly scheduled public Star Party at Lost Dutchman State Park from 7:00 to 9:00pm. (Current schedule attached.)  The weather forecast looks acceptable, although partly cloudy, according to the current 10-day forecast, seen here:

We recommend checking the website, http://supermtnastro.com/ , later in the week. And if there are any changes, a notification email will be sent.
As a reminder, this year we are planning to have several unscheduled events, such as Sun Parties (for solar observing) and a couple Moon Parties.

Also, we will be adding a couple public star parties for sometime in the Mar-April-May time frame, mainly to make-up for the sessions that were canceled due to weather..

As usual, we will be located in the Saguaro Day Use area parking lot.
Please see the Map and Directions page here: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions

The predicted temperature looks to be cool. So, dress warm, bring something to sit on (we have no seating), and bring a red covered flashlight. (We can help you with that.)

We do ask that visitors park in either the Cholla Day Use area or its Overflow Parking Lot, across the road (see link to map above) and not drive through the telescope observing area, in order to avoid the distraction of headlights.

Parking in the Saguaro Day Use area, where telescopes will be set-up, is reserved for club members who will be hosting and bringing equipment.

Lost Dutchman State Park staff will be present to assist and direct visitors to the appropriate parking area.

Note  - Lost Dutchman State Park assesses a $7 per vehicle entrance fee, except for hosts, presenters and volunteers, unless you have an annual pass, which is good for ALL Arizona State Parks, including Boyce-Thompson Arboretum.

You can purchase an annual pass at the park, or visit http://azstateparks.com/ for more information.

For further Star Party information and details, see the schedule here: http://supermtnastro.com/

And, again, for a map with directions and instructions, please visit: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you under the stars.

--
SuperMtnAstro (Owner/Moderator)
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League®