Topics

Public Star Party at Lost Dutchman State Park - Saturday, March 17, 2018 (Weather permitting)

William Shaheen <wjshaheen@...>

As loathe as I am to admit it, the star party scheduled for Saturday, March 17 is in doubt, due to the weather forecast for that date. The weather is predicted to be rainy, according to the current 10-day forecast seen here: https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/az/gold-canyon?cm_ven=localwx_10day ;

The event, however, is normally scheduled for Lost Dutchman State Park from 8:00pm to 10:00pm. (Current schedule attached.)

If cancelled, you will receive a notice later in the week but could be as late as Saturday afternoon.
You can periodically visit http://supermtnastro.com/  to check on the status.

If held, it will as usual be located in the Saguaro Day Use area parking lot.
Please see the Map and Directions page here: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions

Dress warm, bring something to sit on (we have no seating), and bring a red covered flashlight. (We can help you with that.)

We do ask that visitors park in either the Cholla Day Use area or its Overflow Parking Lot, across the road (see link to map above) and not drive through the telescope observing area, in order to avoid the distraction of headlights.

Parking in the Saguaro Day Use area, where telescopes will be set-up, is reserved for club members who will be hosting and bringing equipment.

State Park staff will be present to assist and direct visitors to the appropriate parking area.

Note  - Lost Dutchman State Park assesses a $7 per vehicle entrance fee, except for hosts, presenters and volunteers, unless you have an annual pass, which is good for ALL Arizona State Parks, including Boyce-Thompson Arboretum.

You can purchase an annual pass at the park, or visit http://azstateparks.com/ for more information.

For further Star Party information and details, see the schedule  here: http://supermtnastro.com/

And, again, for a map with directions and instructions, please visit: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you under the stars.

William Shaheen
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League

.