Public Star Party at Lost Dutchman State Park - Saturday, November 2, 2019

On Saturday, November 2nd, we will host a regularly scheduled public Star Party, our 2nd of the new season, at Lost Dutchman State Park from 6:30 to 9:00pm MST. (Current schedule attached.)

The weather forecast looks great, maybe a little chilly in the evening, according to the current 10-day forecast, seen here:

We recommend checking the website, http://supermtnastro.com/ later in the week. If there are any changes, a notification email will be sent.

Instead of the usual Saguaro Day Use area parking lot that we've used in the past, we will be using an alternate site and Park staff will direct visitors to the correct location. Please see the Map and Directions page here: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions (the map is showing the old location - please follow Park Staff's directions).

The predicted temperature appears to be slightly cool in the evening. So, dress warm, bring something to sit on (we have no seating), and bring a red covered flashlight. (We can help you with that.)

Parking in the Observing area, where telescopes will be set-up, is reserved for club members who will be hosting and bringing equipment.

Lost Dutchman State Park staff will be present to assist and direct visitors to the appropriate parking area and we are grateful to them.

Note  - Lost Dutchman State Park assesses a $7 per vehicle entrance fee, except for hosts, presenters and volunteers, unless you have an annual pass, which is good for ALL Arizona State Parks.

You can purchase an annual pass at the park, or visit http://azstateparks.com/ for more information.

For further Star Party information and details, see the schedule here: http://supermtnastro.com/

And, again, for a map with directions and instructions, please visit: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you under the stars.

William Shaheen
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League®
--
SuperMtnAstro (Owner/Moderator)
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League®

--

Join SuperMtnAstro-Notify@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.