Public Star Party at Peralta Trail Elementary School - Saturday,May 4, 2019

Next Saturday, May 4th, we will host a scheduled public star party at Peralta Trail Elementary School from 8:00 to 10:00pm.

At this point, the weather looks very promising with evening temperatures in the low 60s.

The Moon will be new and hence nothing to see there. But, faint objects will be more easily visible.
Facing due south, the constellation of Leo the Lion, rich in galaxies and double stars, will be nearly directly overhead. The Big Dipper will be high in the sky towards the North.

For a recap of the current status and schedule, visit: http://supermtnastro.com/  (Current schedule attached.)

The event will be at the same Peralta Trail Elementary School location as in the past, on the basketball court. But, please park in the school parking lot.

For a map with directions and instructions, visit: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-and-directions (Scroll down to the Peralta location).
Dress warm, bring something to sit on (we have no seating), and bring a red covered flashlight. (We can help you with that.)
While at the website, be sure to check out our updated Meet the Astronomers page to see what they look like when not peering into an eyepiece, in the dark.

The directions to park in the school parking lot are intended for the visiting public. Members bringing telescopes and other equipment may drive through the gate and park in the observing area, i.e., the basketball court. Please arrive before dark.

For those needing handicap access, you may drive through the gate and park on the left, before reaching the observing area on the basketball court.
Although, in that case, we do ask that you arrive before dark so your headlights will not pose a distraction.

For further Star Party information and details, see the schedule  here: http://supermtnastro.com/

And, again, for a map and directions, see: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you under the stars.

William Shaheen
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League®

--
SuperMtnAstro (Owner/Moderator)
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League®

--

Join SuperMtnAstro-Notify@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.