Public Star Party at Peralta Trail Elementary School - Saturday, January 12, 2019

On Saturday, January 12th, we will host a regularly scheduled public star party at Peralta Trail Elementary School from 7:00 to 9:00pm.

In spite of our best efforts, the coming weekend looks partly cloudy. But that has never stopped us before.

We will again have a very nice waxing crescent Moon, approaching 1st quarter, along with Mars just above it. Neptune will be a little farther west and we hope to provide views of this colorful planet. Joining that pairing will be Uranus to the left (east) of the Moon, almost directly south at the beginning of the evening.
Jupiter will have already set and Venus is now in the morning sky. Orion will be rising and will be well placed for viewing all evening.

For a recap of the current status and schedule, visit: http://supermtnastro.com/  (Current schedule attached.)

The event will be at the same location as in the past, on the basketball court. But, please park in the school parking lot.

For a map with directions and instructions, visit: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-and-directions (Scroll down to the Peralta location). Dress warm, bring something to sit on (we have no seating), and bring a red covered flashlight. (We can help you with that.)

The directions to park in the school parking lot are intended for the visiting public. Members bringing telescopes and other equipment may drive through the gate and park in the observing area, i.e., the basketball court. Please arrive before dark.

For those needing handicap access, you may drive through the gate and park on the left, before reaching the observing area on the basketball court.
Although, in that case, we do ask that you arrive before dark so your headlights will not pose a distraction.

For further Star Party information and details, see the schedule  here: http://supermtnastro.com/

And, again, for a map and directions, see: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you under the stars.

William Shaheen
Superstition
Mountain Astronomical League®

SuperMtnAstro (Owner/Moderator)
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League®

Join SuperMtnAstro-Notify@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.