Re: [SuperMtnAstro] Special Public Star Party at Peralta Trail Elementary School - Saturday, November 10, 2018

William Shaheen

Just to reiterate tomorrow's event at Peralta ....

Sunset is at 5:25pm. The SP is scheduled to start at 7pm but I'm sure we'll start before that, as visitors arrive.
I'll have the gate open ~5:15pm. If you would like sooner, just let me know.

Bill
/William Shaheen/
As you were

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:24 AM William Shaheen - Gmail <wjshaheen@...> wrote:
Let's make up! (Star Party Make-up Session)

To overcome our collective disappointment at having to cancel the star party of Saturday, October 13th, we will schedule a make-up session at Peralta Trail Elementary School from 7:00 to 9:00pm on Saturday, November 10th.

Of course, it's too early for any weather prognostications but we will advise if the outlook sours.

Aside from that, it will be the usual Peralta Trail Star Party. I.e., ...
The event will be held at the same location as in the past, on the basketball court. But, please park in the school parking lot.

For a map with directions and instructions, visit: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-and-directions (Scroll down to the Peralta location). Dress warm, bring something to sit on (we have no seating), and bring a red covered flashlight. (We can help you with that.)

The directions to park in the school parking lot are intended for the visiting public. Members bringing equipment may drive through the gate and park in the observing area, i.e., the basketball court. Please arrive before dark.

For those needing handicap access, you may drive through the gate and park on the left, before reaching the observing area on the basketball court.
Although, in that case, we do ask that you arrive before dark so your headlights do not pose a distraction.

For further Star Party information and details, see the schedule  here: http://supermtnastro.com/

And, again, for a map and directions, see: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you under the stars.

Another reminder will be sent the Sunday before.
--
William Shaheen
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League®

Join SuperMtnAstro-Notify@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.