Public Star Party at Peralta Trail Elementary School - Saturday, September 15, 2018

William Shaheen <wjshaheen@...>

On Saturday, September 15th, we will host a regularly scheduled public star party at Peralta Trail Elementary School from 7:30 to 9:30pm. This will be our first event at PTES for this year.

The weather forecast for the upcoming star party looks very promising, albeit a little warm in the evening.
And, actually, we will have a good sized Moon to observe at almost first quarter, which will prominently exhibit numerous Moon craters and craterlets. Planets Mars and Saturn will also still be readily viewable, along with Jupiter and Venus. This is shaping up to be a "busy" and fun evening!

For a recap of the current status and schedule, visit: http://supermtnastro.com/  (Current schedule attached.)

The event will be at the same location as in the past, on the basketball court. But, please park in the school parking lot.

For a map with directions and instructions, visit: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-and-directions (Scroll down to the Peralta location). Dress warm, bring something to sit on (we have no seating), and bring a red covered flashlight. (We can help you with that.)

The directions to park in the school parking lot are intended for the visiting public. Members bringing equipment may drive through the gate and park in the observing area, i.e., the basketball court. Please arrive before dark.

For those needing handicap access, you may drive through the gate and park on the left, before reaching the observing area on the basketball court. Although, in that case, we do ask that you arrive before dark so your headlights will not pose a distraction.

For further Star Party information and details, see the schedule  here: http://supermtnastro.com/

And, again, for a map and directions, see: http://supermtnastro.com/maps-directions

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you under the stars.

William Shaheen
Superstition
Mountain Astronomical League®

Join SuperMtnAstro-Notify@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.