Public Star Party at Flatiron Community Park - Saturday, September 1, 2018

After a long summer hiatus, we're back! And we're going to kick off the 2018-2019 observing season with a special "Planet Party" on Saturday, Sept. 1st at Flatiron Community Park in Apache Junction from 7:30 to 9:30pm. Please see the attached Flatiron SP Flyer and Map.

At the moment, the weather forecast looks "acceptable" (slightly cloudy) for observing planets.
(See https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/az/gold-canyon/85118?cm_ven=localwx_10day for the current forecast.)

For a complete current status and schedule, visit: http://supermtnastro.com/  (A copy of the current schedule is attached.)  (Yes, another attachment.)

Lastly, we'd like to treat you to an article written by well-known not-so-amateur astronomer Bill Dellinges wherein he discusses the current Mars apparition (and how it will only get better in a couple years).

We hope to see you under the stars, er, planets on Saturday the 1st.

William Shaheen
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League®

SuperMtnAstro (Owner/Moderator)
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League®

Join SuperMtnAstro-Notify@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.