Sent from Windows Mail

From: Brian Schousek
Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎June‎ ‎30‎, ‎2022 ‎10‎:‎33‎ ‎AM
To: StillwaterMNAmateurRadioAssoc@groups.io

Tomorrow at noon Zulu we will be able to upload our own pota logs!

Brian KØPU

I just submitted my log from last night. It was immediately reflected in my POTA stats!

5 stars!

Ray KFØEKD

Very cool. Big time saver! Thanks for the update Brian.

73,
Ray Speltz
KF0EKD

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 1:54 PM Brian NØBJE <brian_edgell@...> wrote:
I just submitted my log from last night. It was immediately reflected in my POTA stats!

5 stars!

Joe KCØOIO

That was smoooooooth! Uploaded last evening's K-9386 log and it went through clean and easy!

Decided to give HAMRS a try - pretty simple logging program with a POTA template. Running it on an Android tablet, dug out a bluetooth keyboard, entered and edited the contacts from my logsheet and did an adif export. It's all set to post from that adif file. I use the POTA log naming format to name the logbook. New logbook each activation. Next step is to try it in the field with the BT keyboard - the touchscreen keyboard sucked the one time I tried it, too much time to work with clumsy fingers.

73,
Joe KCØOIO

--
73,

Joe Heitzinger KCØOIO

--

73,

Joe KC0OIO

Brian KØPU

Joe, I downloaded HAMRS for my iPad…it’s fantastic!  Finally gave me an excuse to get a keyboard!

I just export the .adi file right to MacLogger DX  on my iPad. I wish the overpriced MacLogger had a POTA option but this is a great workaround.

I love the spots and intuitiveness of HAMRS for pota operating.

those of you on the fence about doing an activation, this is probably the easiest way to get started with a pota friendly logging program.

get out there!