From: StillwaterMNAmateurRadioAssoc@groups.io <StillwaterMNAmateurRadioAssoc@groups.io> on behalf of Brian KB9TBB <brian@...>
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2022 11:33 AM
To: StillwaterMNAmateurRadioAssoc@groups.io <StillwaterMNAmateurRadioAssoc@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [StillwaterMNAmateurRadioAssoc] Black Friday Rover Rhino attempt

Well that was a blast! At the end of the day I threw my antenna into trees 7 times and talked to 234 people on a mix of 20 and 40 meters. Thanks to three two-fers I logged 10 parks and 411 contacts. I wish I had gotten an earlier start, as I was putting up my last antenna as the sun set over the Chippewa Moraine State Recreation Area and could have used a little more light. Regardless I logged 133 people with most of them being late shift. Do you know how when you say the same word many times in a row it starts to lose meaning? Well somewhere around 125-175 qsos my brain started to lose the ability to think NATO phonetics and I was making up some crazy stuff. Notable contacts included Venezuela and W0NKA, who had been trying to hear me all day long, and I switched over to 80m so we could chat briefly until my battery ultimately died.

Join StillwaterMNAmateurRadioAssoc@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.