Re: End Fed Half Wave antenna w/ homebrew 49:1 balun

Ray KFØEKD

Hey Joe. Nice hack! Thank you for sharing.

73,
Ray KF0EKD

On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 8:20 AM Joe KCØOIO <kc0oio2002@...> wrote:
Here's a little hack I made with the wire antenna. It's a 1/16" cable thimble I picked up at Menards (https://www.menards.com/main/tools/automotive/towing-cargo-management/wire-ropes-accessories/secureline-reg-wire-rope-thimble/s074023/p-1444437039324.htm). A couple of small tie wraps hold it in place. The banana plug will not get pulled out of the socket. I also put one at the other end for attaching mason line, rope, or paracord when suspending it from height.

73, Joe KC0OIO

On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 7:06 AM Greg KØGW <K0gw@...> wrote:
I had problems figuring out how to use NanoVNA-Saver as well.  It’s just software that some guy threw together for his own use and then generously shared on GitHub.  Once figured out, it actually accomplishes quite a bit.

I’ve been really happy with my EFHW.  Tain’t a beam, but it works pretty well for an easy-to-put-up antenna.  Great for any POTA activations.

My plan is to operate from Tofte again at the end of October this year.  I’m going to cut a longer wire so I can go down to 80m this time.  I worked into Europe last year on 40m with the EFHW and FT8.  Once one has the little transformer box put together, this is a really simple antenna to use.  New hams could do a lot worse that making and using one of these.
73,
     Greg, K0GW

--
73,