Topics

Roster Info / Drawing Update [1 Attachment]

Dave Fuller

Hello Allen!
I trust that you have had a good summer.  Things here are shaping up for autumn which I feel is not so far around the corner.  I still have yet to finish your Crescent drawing, though I have managed to find a little time here and there to work on it.  This spring and summer has been rather busy for me working on agricultural steam traction engines, so I have not had much time for more "indoor" projects, but hope to get back to that soon.  I have been meaning to write to you for quite some time, but it is just so difficult to get on a computer when the weather is nice and there's work to be done!   I am writing to request if you have any information, rosters, or build records that could help me with my encyclopedia project in sorting out the Pennsylvania Railroad and New York Central steam locomotives, particularly the early years (pre-1920 or so).  I feel rather humble in asking, as I know you have given me a great deal of information already, and I have yet to send anything back to add to your collection.  The longer I work on this encyclopedia idea of mine, the more I feel overwhelmed by it, but I will make sure to send you an 'in progress' outline of what I have around the end of November this year.  Thank you again for what you have sent me, and rest assured of my prayers for you to have a great autumn season!

David P. Fuller
Lodi, WI, USA

To: "steamlocorosters@..."
Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: [steamlocorosters] Roster Info / Drawing Update [1 Attachment]

Thanks for the update Dave. My scanning is coming along well and hope to be done by months end if I can get in gear. Have many other scanning projects still waiting though nothing near this magnitude. Then will have many more months of listing and organizing and editing all I've scanned but that can be done on the laptop on the couch.

Doubt we had more than 2 or 3 days down into the 20s this year. Fire ants never really hibernated. The wife and I were looking at our garden tonight and will probably start putting out plants in it and the beds this weekend or at least get everything ready. Pears and other things are starting to bloom beautifully. Most other trees are budding out too. Ground hogs are already pleantiful. Will probably get a late hard freeze and snow and ruin everything. Did that here about 6 or 7 years ago. We had just gotten the lawn filled in well which is tough on this old red clay and it killed most of it and many of the shrubs.

Attached one of my latest projects. Still have some additions to it and the loco numbers built are all out of whack and need work. A friend had started it years ago and I decided to finish it in an evening or two. Two weeks later it is to this point and I hope to finish at least the list in the next little while.

Look forward very much to seeing the drawing. Let me know if I can help with any information.

Allen

For GOD so loved the world that he gave his only begotten SON, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16
To: steamlocorosters@...
Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 7:55 PM
Subject: [steamlocorosters] Roster Info / Drawing Update

Allen,

Just thought I'd take a few moments and give you and update on my encyclopedia list and the Ps-4 drawing.  Currently, as I have been entering information at a nearly exponential rate, I am happy (or dismayed??) to say that at the moment what I have entered is covering over 580 pages, 2-column, single spaced, 10pt font. . . that being said, its coming along and should be to some state of completion (at least the steam locomotive builders section) in the near future.  Your drawing is coming along nicely, and I would say is about 50% completed.  I will definately let you know when I am ready to mail something out.  I hope that the past few weeks have been good on your end.  The weather here is up and down, but Spring is definately not too far away.  Today was a little breezy, but a very mild 55 degrees, some good considering not more than a month ago we were having daytime highs of about 10!  Take care, and God bless.

David P. Fuller
Lodi, WI, USA