Topics

Manhattan Ry #307

John Gerstner

Thanks everyone for the help.
It seems like Singer Manufacturing Co. had a couple of railroads around the U.S. and Canada. Does anyone know where Singer Mfg Co. #12 ran?
The builders plate came from Seattle, Washington and Hofius Iron & Steel (dealer) was in Seattle so I am guessing it ran somewhere in Washington.

Doug Cummings

I believe they had mills all over the country. The most recent ones I know of were in South Bend IN and Elizabethport NJ, and they had another in eastern Canada. No doubt in earlier days they had others. If you look at the book that was published on SI&E a few years ago you will see that they (SI&E) sold locomotives all over the country so it is almost certain that Hofius sold locomotives anywhere they could make a sale. And the dealers of today do exactly the same.

Doug

From: steamlocorosters@... [mailto:steamlocorosters@...] On Behalf Of John gerstner
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 12:12 PM
To: steamlocorosters@...
Subject: [steamlocorosters] RE: Manhattan Ry #307

Thanks everyone for the help.
It seems like Singer Manufacturing Co. had a couple of railroads around the U.S. and Canada. Does anyone know where Singer Mfg Co. #12 ran?
The builders plate came from Seattle, Washington and Hofius Iron & Steel (dealer) was in Seattle so I am guessing it ran somewhere in Washington.