Topics

C&NW Steam Loco Missing Dispositions [2 Attachments]

Doug Cummings

It is going to take me awhile to go through this. But I checked one, BALD 61100 (C&NW 3029), and I show retired 29Dec54.

[Attachment(s) from Allen Stanley included below]

Thanks Doug,

I've attached a couple of files. One is the roster I have and the other a list of the later missing dates. Any additions, corrections etc are appreciated.

Blessings!

Allen

For GOD so loved the world that he gave his only begotten SON, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

To: steamlocorosters@...
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:00 AM
Subject: RE: [steamlocorosters] C&NW Steam Loco Missing Dispositions

I have dates for many C&NW locos, even into the 1950&apos;s but it is not complete and I have no dates for some. Some are "sold scrap" dates, some are month and year, some are year only. Very few have specific (day/month/year) dates.

From: steamlocorosters@... [mailto:steamlocorosters@...] On Behalf Of raildata@...
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:55 AM
To: steamlocorosters@...
Subject: [steamlocorosters] C&NW Steam Loco Missing Dispositions

While looking through my Chicago & North Western roster last night I discovered there were between 800-900 locos with no dispositions other than "on road 1948". None of my sources have shed any additional info. Anyone out there have any listings at all for these late locos?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Blessings!

Allen Stanley
Railroad Data Exchange
Greer, SC