Topics

Baldwin Exra Order Builders Plate

John Gerstner

I have a Baldwin Extra Order Builders Plate S/N 1083 dated November 1929. As far as I can tell it probably was a replacement boiler.
Looking for any history or other information about this builders plate.

John

Jerry Dowling

John,

Extra Order plates are a bit of an enigma, at least to me. It is unclear when they were used and when not. They did not seem to be applied in numerical order. I have never seen or heard of anyone having a good list of Extra Orders although a couple of libraries apparently hold partial lists.

Good luck on identifying your plate.

Doug Cummings <DougCummings@...>

XO numbers were reused every year so are meaningless.