MEDICAL: CONDITIONS: OBESITY : INTERVENTIONS: Stephen Jardine: Time We Digested Extent of Obesity Crisis

David P. Dillard

.

.

MEDICAL: CONDITIONS: OBESITY :

INTERVENTIONS:

Stephen Jardine: Time We Digested Extent of Obesity Crisis

.

.

Stephen Jardine: Time We Digested Extent of Obesity Crisis

STEPHEN JARDINE

21:42Friday 29 April 2016

The Scotsman

http://www.scotsman.com/news/ stephen-jardine-time-we-digested-extent-of-obesity-crisis-1-4115176

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/zkqoubs

.

.

Next week voters go the polls for the Scottish elections and for the first time they are being urged to factor Scotlands obesity crisis into the choices they make.

.

Obesity Action Scotland is challenging parliamentary candidates to sign up to five key measures as part of a campaign called Scotland Cant Stomach It Any Longer. The aim is to ensure the next Scottish Parliament is firmly committed to reducing the damage being done by growing obesity levels.

.

Figures show 65 per cent of Scottish adults are overweight, including 28 per cent who are obese. In other words, two in every three people who can vote next week are heavier than they should be.

.

Although the rise in numbers has slowed, the problem here is significantly worse than elsewhere, and Scotland is only second to Hungary on adult obesity levels.

.

While poor diet and lack of exercise are key factors, Obesity Action Scotland says the problem is too complex to expect it to be solved by individual behavioural changes. Thats where the politicians come in.

.

Established last summer to provide clinical leadership on our weight problem, Obesity Action Scotland believes a few actions could make a big difference. As well as supporting cuts in fat and sugar and actions to encourage healthy weight levels, they want politicians to look at what difference price and regulation could make to the Scottish diet as well as reinvesting revenue from the sugar tax into measures to discourage childhood obesity. They also believe the public sector should lead by example.

.

.

.

.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@...
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
https://groups.io/g/Net-Gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

AND Discussion Group Directory
http://tinyurl.com/ngda2hk

OR

RESEARCH PAPER WRITING
EMPLOYMENT
INTERNSHIPS
HOSPITALITY
DISABILITIES AND EMPLOYMENT
http://guides.temple.edu/c.php?g=134557
INDOOR GARDENING
https://groups.io/g/indoor-gardening
Educator-Gold
K12ADMINLIFE

PUBLIC HEALTH RESOURCES INCLUDING EBOLA

STATISTICS SOURCES RESEARCH GUIDE
http://guides.temple.edu/statistics-sources

Social Work and Social Issues Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/social-work

Tourism Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/Tourism

Digital Scholarship Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/DigitalScholarship/threads
https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=DIGITAL-SCHOLARSHIP
https://digitalscholarshipandscholarlypublication.wordpress.com/

Copyright Research Guide
http://guides.temple.edu/copyright-plagiarism
Fair Use
http://guides.temple.edu/fair-use

Blog
https://educatorgold.wordpress.com/

Articles by David Dillard

http://tinyurl.com/78a4shn

Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
http://www.flickr.com/photos/neemers/

Twitter: davidpdillard

Temple University Site Map

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (eds),
David P. Dillard
http://tinyurl.com/o4pn4o9

Rail Transportation

INDOOR GARDENING

SPORT-MED

.

.

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU
Temple University Listserv Alert :
Years 2009 and 2010 Eliminated from Archives

.

.

Join SportMed@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.