Event: Monthly Outing - 09/17/2022 #cal-reminder

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Reminder: Monthly Outing

When:
09/17/2022
10:00am to 1:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Manatee Cove Park

Organizer: Ron ka3pso@... 3213385118

View Event

vironpayne

Park is go! No rental. Vine is dead!

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 10:00, Group Notification
<noreply@groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: Monthly Outing

When:
09/17/2022
10:00am to 1:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Manatee Cove Park

Organizer: Ron ka3pso@... 3213385118

View Event

vironpayne

Weather was great at QRP. I arrived a little before 10am on my motorcycle with my UV5R, Rockstar and an apple fritter. My UV5R was not hitting the repeater to report the pavillion was not rented and the vine was dead. So, I called Steve N4UTQ and asked that he announce a QST on the repeater. Then I sent out an email.

I stayed until a little after 11am but only saw one couple putting the carbon fiber road bicycles on their car to leave. An out of town friend called who I hadn't spoken with in a couple months and we caught. I may see him when he heads down from Georgia to S. Florida in a couple weeks after his brother helps change out the engine on his sports car.

No QRPers had shown by the time I left shortly after 11am. It was still good to relax, cafinate, and enjoy a good apple fritter.

That particular UV5R had never been setup or had been reset, so I setup the 37 by hand when I got home.

N4VEP