Topics

Quick question - Great Days of Rail Travel on the Florida East Coast - extended till April 22

seth h. bramson

All:  Lillian (at the Bienes Musuem of the Modern Book on the 6th floor of the main Broward library in downtown Fort Lauderdale) has kindly advised me that there are now ONLY four of the gorgeous exhibit posters left for sale.  These are truly high quality beauties and I know that, if you love the FEC, you will certainly want to have this poster, either for display in your home or office or simply to add to your memorabilia collection.  Incredibly modestly priced you can email Lillian direct at lperrico@... for price and info on shipping.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 2:45 PM
Subject: RE: Quick question - Great Days of Rail Travel on the Florida East Coast - extended till April 22

Hi Seth:

There are 4 more posters left to sell. 

Lillian

Lillian Perricone, Reference Librarian / Rare Book Cataloger

Broward County Main Library, 6th floor

Bienes Museum of the Modern Book

100 S. Andrews Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

Tel:  954-357-8243

lperrico@...

www.broward.org/Library/Bienes/Pages/Default.aspx

Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 2:44 PM
To: 'Seth Bramson'
Cc: mrfec@...
Subject: RE: Quick question - Great Days of Rail Travel on the Florida East Coast - extended till April 22

Hi Seth:

Good news! The Great Days of Rail Travel on the Florida East Coast will run till April 22nd.

Please let your groups know that because of the exhibit’s enormous popularity,  the Library has decided to extend the show thru Tuesday, April 22nd.

I will start dismantling the exhibit on Wednesday, April 23rd.    It will take a few days.    Mostly likely, your artifacts and memorabilia will be ready for pick up during the last week of April.  We still have a few weeks to plan for that day.

Call me if you have any questions.

Lillian

Lillian Perricone, Reference Librarian / Rare Book Cataloger

Broward County Main Library, 6th floor

Bienes Museum of the Modern Book

100 S. Andrews Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

Tel:  954-357-8243

lperrico@...

www.broward.org/Library/Bienes/Pages/Default.aspx

Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 11:35 AM
To: Jones, Sherry (FECR.BWY)
Cc: mwoolman@...; Perricone, Lillian
Subject: Re: Quick question

Dear Mr. Woolman:

Sherry Jones, at Florida East Coast Railway, has asked me to respond to your query.

First, I would suggest that you visit the main branch of the Broward library in downtown Ft. Lauderdale where "The Great Days of Rail Travel on the Florida East Coast" will be on exhibit at the Bienes Museum of the Modern Book on the 6th floor for the next few weeks.

Second, I would reccommend the book "The Greatest Railroad Story Ever Told:  Henry Flagler and the Florida East Coast Railway's Key West Extension" to you as it is the first and only complete history of that incredible project.

Third, most of the FEC maps, including the complete set of four miles per sheet blueprint maps of the Key West Extension from Homestead to Key West are here at The Bramson Archive which houses the Florida East Coast Railway Company Archives and you can contact me directly to arrange a visit.

If I may be of further help, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Cordially,

Seth

Seth H. Bramson, Company Historian

Florida East Coast Railway

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 7:56 AM

Subject: Quick question

Seth,

Could you please respond to Mr. Woolman when you have a chance.

Regards,

Sherry Jones

Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:39 PM
To: contact
Subject: Quick question

Gentlemen:

Could you tell me where I could view maps of the original tracks built by Mr. Flagler in South Florida and the Keys? I have been studying the development of Florida and how the railroad triggered that development. By looking at the location of the tracks, I hope to get a better idea of how the cities grew and expanded.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Maurice J Woolman, CFE

Oakland Park, Florida

Under Florida law, most e-mail messages to or from Broward County employees or officials are public records, available to any person upon request, absent an exemption. Therefore, any e-mail message to or from the County, inclusive of e-mail addresses contained therein, may be subject to public disclosure.