Topics

Irving Eyster, R. I. P.

seth h. bramson

Dear friends and fellow Florida historians:

It is with unimaginable sadness that I report to you the passing of one of the greatest and finest Florida historians ever known, Irving Eyster.  Though short in stature Irving was a giant in Florida history, particularly that of the Florida Keys and he spent more than 40 years working to preserve the history of the keys.

He was a dear and good friend and I will miss him terribly. I am scheduled to give a presentation next Monday night in Marathon and I will have to concentrate and focus as will be looking over the auditorium not willing to accept that Irving Eyster is not with us.

He leaves behind his wonderful wife, his daughter, Barbara Edgar, Barbara's long tme partner, David and his granddaughter, Cinnamon, who he adored beyond words.

I can give no greater tribute than to say that his ethics were beyond reproach and that he was a gentleman of the first order. Everyone who knew him will miss him greatly.
3:59pm Feb 7

View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.