Topics

IMAGES OF MODERN AMERICA: FLORIDA EAST COAST RAILWAY

seth h. bramson

Dear friends and fellow list members:

We have just received the page proofs for the new FEC in color book and “stunning” would be an understatement. There are a very few minor corrections that have to be made but I wanted to again extend sincere thanks to all of you for your support and contributions to the book.  It looks like late May publication, possibly sooner, and I will keep you posted regarding (hopefully) pre-pub purchase opportunities. Unlike another book (no names, please, we’re British!) I think that the cover price will be $23.99, less than half of “that” book.  Best of all, and as I think you know, you can’t just have a color book on the modern FEC:  the history must be covered and I believe that with only a very few exceptions the color images which are being presented in that format (color) are appearing in a print publication for the very first time.

Again, thank you all and know that “we couldn’tuh done it without you!”

Warmest good wishes.

Seth

PS:  Happily to report there are two pictures of Mr. Tim and a wonderful photo of Jim Bush included!

Marv Clemons

Heartiest congratulations to my fellow life-long admirer of “anything FEC,” Seth Bramson, on the publication of his newest tome on Flagler’s railroad.  I’ll have a copy for signature next time we meet, my friend!

Best regards,

Marv Clemons

[...]

Marv, thank you, my friend.  People ask me if I will sign their book(s) and the answer is “no.”  “You won’t sign my book?”  “No.  President Clinton signs books, I inscribe them” and it will be a pleasure and a privilege to inscribe your book, Marv.  I will honored to do so.

[...]

B.Rumary

On 13/04/2018 13:24, seth h. bramson wrote:

Marv, thank you, my friend.  People ask me if I will sign their book(s) and the answer is “no.”  “You won’t sign my book?”  “No.  President Clinton signs books, I inscribe them” and it will be a pleasure and a privilege to inscribe your book, Marv.  I will honored to do so.

Personally I'm not really a great fan of "inscribed" books. I have sometimes bought a new book where the author is doing "signings" and I rather reluctantly accept the offer of a signature, basically so as not to offend. However I can't help feeling that I have just paid a lot of money for this book, and now someone has scribbled all over it!!

--
Brian Rumary
England

seth h. bramson

Brian, thank you.  Simply put, the choice is yours.  I am happy to neither sign nor inscribe or just sign or inscribe.  As we say in South Florida, whatever makes you happy will just tickle me plumb to death.