Topics

Book

Doug Cummings

How do I order a copy?

Doug

Doug Cummings

Nice write up about the book, except nothing as to price and how to obtain a copy, or what is included in the book. Photos? Roster? It is a history of the company or ??

Doug

seth h. bramson

Thanks, Doug.

I will post info soon as I know if we can get a pre-pub discount.

-----Original Message-----
From: SoutheasternRailroadHistory@groups.io [mailto:SoutheasternRailroadHistory@groups.io] On Behalf Of Doug Cummings
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2018 5:21 PM
To: SoutheasternRailroadHistory@groups.io
Subject: [SoutheasternRailroadHistory] Book

How do I order a copy?

Doug

seth h. bramson

Thanks for asking, Doug.

Cover price is $22.99. Because of the format (unlike other Arcadia books which have more pages but are all black and white, this book is almost all color (no more than 15 black and white images are allowed in this "images of Modern America" series) so of the 156 photos all but (if I remember correctly, 10 or 11) are in color. Because of format, no roster, but, yes, Arcadia was very gracious since we have worked so well together for so long (I am their single most published author, 18 or 19 or my 30 books--this is my 30th, my fifth on the FEC--have been published by Arcadia and The History Press) and allowed me to deviate a bit from usual format, so the first several chapters (there are seven chapters and 96 pages) are history, almost all in color, with the remainder taking us into the modern era.

As I just wrote, depending on what kind of pre-pub discount arrangements we can make, I will let you know the price. As for actual purchase, again depending on what kind of a "deal" I can make with the publisher, I might be able to handle them for our fans and sell them direct. Florida residents will have to add the 7% tax for the gov and the shipping will be $4.95 for one copy and $1.00 for each additional copy up to five total.

Again, thanks for asking.

From: SoutheasternRailroadHistory@groups.io [mailto:SoutheasternRailroadHistory@groups.io] On Behalf Of Doug Cummings
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2018 3:36 PM

Nice write up about the book, except nothing as to price and how to obtain a copy, or what is included in the book. Photos? Roster? It is a history of the company or ??

Doug

Doug Cummings

There were two hard cover books published several years ago by Timber Times, Logging Railroads of the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains, volumes 1 and 2.

Is this new book an add-on to that series?

Doug

Thanks for asking, Doug.

Cover price is $22.99. Because of the format (unlike other Arcadia books which have more pages but are all black and white, this book is almost all color (no more than 15 black and white images are allowed in this "images of Modern America" series) so of the 156 photos all but (if I remember correctly, 10 or 11) are in color. Because of format, no roster, but, yes, Arcadia was very gracious since we have worked so well together for so long (I am their single most published author, 18 or 19 or my 30 books--this is my 30th, my fifth on the FEC--have been published by Arcadia and The History Press) and allowed me to deviate a bit from usual format, so the first several chapters (there are seven chapters and 96 pages) are history, almost all in color, with the remainder taking us into the modern era.

As I just wrote, depending on what kind of pre-pub discount arrangements we can make, I will let you know the price. As for actual purchase, again depending on what kind of a "deal" I can make with the publisher, I might be able to handle them for our fans and sell them direct. Florida residents will have to add the 7% tax for the gov and the shipping will be $4.95 for one copy and $1.00 for each additional copy up to five total.

Again, thanks for asking.

Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2018 3:36 PM

Doug