Topics

A GREAT GOLDEN SPIKE SHOW IN TAMPA THIS SATURDAY

seth h. bramson

FRIENDS:

Another “don’t miss” great event from our friends at Golden Spike.  We would be there but still nursing the bad left knee and don’t know when surgery will be otherwise we would be buying everything in sight!

GREAT SHOW, great people, great stuff.  “Be there or be rotund” and don’t miss it!

Golden Spike Enterprises, Inc. is proud to announce its 11th TAMPA MODEL TRAIN SHOW AND SALE. This unique event will be held this year at the Florida State Fairgrounds, Tampa, Florida at the Special Events Center on Saturday, June 7, 2014 from 9:00am to 5:00pm and on Sunday, June 8, 2014 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. This location is conveniently located near the intersection of I-4 and I-75. Note:  This show is now a twice a year event with the Christmas Show being held on December 20 & 21, 2014.

Over 300 tables representing dealers from all over the nation will have model items in all gauges and Railroad Antiques for sale. This is Florida’s largest combination show, displaying items for both the “modeler” and “rail buff” alike all under one roof. The model railroader may choose from Lionel, American Flyer, LGB, Marklin or Ives Trains from the past or present. The rail buff may focus on dining car china, lanterns, switch locks and keys, calendars, timetables or any other artifacts actually utilized by the railroads. Both collecting interests represent truly unique pieces of Americana.

As an extra feature of this show are nine large, award winning, working layouts with displays and clinics for all to enjoy during all open show hours. To be included are the Plant City N-Track, Jim Mercier’s G-Scale, “Fun and Disasters” Layout, Safe Layout, Four Men and a Train large G-Scale Layout, West Pasco Model Railroad, The Greater Florida Lego Train Club and a Ride-On-Train for all the kids.

All attendees will be able to relive the glory days of railroading in Florida when the Seaboard Railroad, Florida East Coast Railway and the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad were king.

Once again, this twice a year event will be held on Saturday, June 7th from 9:00am to 5:00pm and again on Sunday, June 8th from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Florida State Fairgrounds. Admission is $8.00, good for both days. Children under 12 are free. For discount coupons please go to www.gserr.com. Parking fee charged by the Florida State Fairgrounds.

For other details please call (813) 949.7197 and ask for Alan Altman