Topics

Yahoo is shutting down its Groups website and deleting all content

Jim_B

I just ran across this.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/16/yahoo-groups-to-shut-down/

Perhaps I should combine the heavy 10 group here.

Sent from my iPhone-8
Jim B,

--
Jim B

Bill in OKC too

I don't see how it could hurt, except that you might need to go for a Premium Group to combine the files and photos and messages into one group. Free groups only have 1GB of total storage. Premium groups have 10GB. There is also a professional group that is $1100/per year for 100GB.

My Metal Shapers group has about 3500 members since the move, and required the Premium group for storage, but we do have room to grow. I'm a member at the Heavy 10 group as well as this one, and some of the info is duplicated, but not all of it. It does look like you need to make the move soon, if you're going to at all.

HTH!

Bill in OKC

On Sunday, October 20, 2019, 9:07:21 PM CDT, Jim_B <jim@...> wrote:

I just ran across this.

Perhaps I should combine the heavy 10 group here.

-8
Jim B,

--
Jim B

Thomas Tallant

Looks like yahoo is shutting down a lot of stuff thanks for the heads up ,

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 7:06 PM Jim_B <jim@...> wrote:
I just ran across this.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/16/yahoo-groups-to-shut-down/

Perhaps I should combine the heavy 10 group here.

-8
Jim B,

--
Jim B

comstock_friend

Jim, yes, bring the Heavy 10's over either here or separately if convenient It bugged me that some guys were still posting over at Yahoo where I couldn't seem to make a post with photo attachment. Groups.io seems much more bulletproof.

John

ww_big_al

Not a bad idea Jim