Topics

WTB 5C COLLETS

John Gallo

Hi,

I am looking for the following 5C collets. 1/8, 3/16, 5/8, 11/16, 13/16, 1, 1 1/16. Preferably American made, used in good shape. If any one has these for sale please let me know. Thanks, John.

mike allen

        theres a guy on the South Bend facebook page that has a large bunch of collets for sale

        animal

On 7/20/2020 2:05 PM, John Gallo via groups.io wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for the following 5C collets. 1/8, 3/16, 5/8, 11/16, 13/16, 1, 1 1/16. Preferably American made, used in good shape. If any one has these for sale please let me know. Thanks, John.

John Gallo

Thanks for the tip Mike, but it looks like he is selling only metric sizes. John

ww_big_al

To be sure what taper you have, measure it. Put a dial indicator to measure carriage movement. If you have a second DI, put it on the compound to measure the “Y” axis movement. Set your carriage as close as you can to the largest diameter and zero them out. Move the carriage (Z Axis) 1”. Take the Y movement and calculate the taper.  May not be true valve but close enough to figure what you need.

Al

Thanks for the tip Mike, but it looks like he is selling only metric sizes. John