Topics

tie pics to messages?

Jim Schaffroth

In yahoo groups I was  able to view peoples pics in their file and then view the associated message. Is that possible here?  I'm not seeing the link.

Jim_B

Yes pictures are imbedded in the responses.

On your browser/email client be sure it’s set so you can accept HTML.

-8
Jim B,

--
Jim B

Jim Schaffroth

If I'm looking at a photo album of a project someone is working on and I want to view the corresponding text, how do I do that?

Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] tie pics to messages?
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Date: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 11:21 AM

Yes pictures

AM, Jim Schaffroth via Groups.Io <beeeeeee4=yahoo.com@groups.io>
wrote:

In yahoo groups I was  able to view
peoples pics in their file and then view the associated
message. Is that possible here?  I'm not seeing the
link.

--
Jim B

Jim_B

Which one

Sent from my iPhone-8
Jim B,

To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Date: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 11:21 AM

Yes pictures

wrote:

In yahoo groups I was able to view
peoples pics in their file and then view the associated
message. Is that possible here? I'm not seeing the
link.

--
Jim B

--
Jim B

Jim Schaffroth

None in particular. It was just a general question. I don't think it's possible in io. Will access to the yahoo group data be permanently available or will it eventually be shut down?

To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Date: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 12:00 PM

Which one

Sent from my iPhone-8
Jim B,

wrote:

> If I'm
looking at a photo album of a project someone is working on
and I want to view the corresponding text, how do I do
that?

> On Sun, 7/1/18, Jim_B <@Jim_B>

Re: [SouthBendLathe] tie pics to messages?

--
Jim B

Jim_B

I have turned off posting on Yahoo and New Membership on Yahoo. I/we have no plans to stop anything else.
All the files and pictures should be accessible forever.

I still do not understand you problem.
In the photos section the only text was a picture title.
On Io I still find that.
In the files section pictures and text were together. I sill find that.
In the posts section, toward the end, Yahoo allowed pictures to be inserted. Earlier, they were attachments that resided on Yahoo.
On io posts, pictures can be inserted into the post. They are sent with the post. They should reside on your computer.
I just noted, also, that there is a-folder, in photos that is labeled attachments.
I am wondering if (Perhaps) you need to tell your viris checking program that groups.io is a safe place..

To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io