Topics

South Bend Recommended Lubricants

Faith Banini <faithbanini@...>

I put this thread together to help those out who are restoring machines and are confused about the oils they need. I’ve included a simple to understand break down and also provided the links to Enco for ease of ordering.

https://prezhost.com/2020/03/26/south-bend-recommended-lubricants/#respond

Bill in OKC too

None of the links go to Enco because it  was absorbed by MSC several years ago. They go to the MSC website search page instead, not the specific oils. I can't swear to it, but I believe the last time I looked there they had 5 gallon buckets & 55 gallon drums, only. Nearly $100 & $1000, each, respectively. Both would be massive overkill for my shop.

Another poster gave part numbers for gallon jugs at McMaster-Carr, IIRC, and that is probably as good as you can get from a major suppler. You can find kits of pint or half-pint bottles on eBay, and don't forget to look for a local supplier of petroleum products in your area. Or check with a local shop, they maybe able to refer you. There are more than 40 such distributors in my area, besides Grainger & Fastenal. There should be someone in your area, wherever you are.

HTH!

Bill in OKC

William R. Meyers, MSgt, USAF(Ret.)

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Thursday, March 26, 2020, 02:33:37 AM CDT, Faith Banini via Groups.Io <faithbanini@...> wrote:

I put this thread together to help those out who are restoring machines and are confused about the oils they need. I’ve included a simple to understand break down and also provided the links to Enco for ease of ordering.

https://prezhost.com/2020/03/26/south-bend-recommended-lubricants/#respond

John Dammeyer

To get rid of the disgusting advertising on the prezhost site here's the information that could have just as easily been in that email.

John Dammeyer

I suggest getting a few people in on the deal, ordering the 4 gallons, then splitting them up. It does save money.

WAY OIL
Mobile Vactra #2
Manufacturer’s #: 98458N
WAY OIL

SPINDLE – Type “A”
Mobile Velocite #10
Manufacturer’s #: 98989N
Type – “A”

GEAR BOX – Type “B”
Mobile DTE 24 [ISO 32]
Manufacturer’s #: 98735N
Type – “B”

EVERYTHING ELSE – Type “C”
Mobile DTE Heavy-Med [ISO 68]
Manufacturer’s #: 98669N
Type – “C”

I put this thread together to help those out who are restoring machines and are confused about the oils they need. I’ve included a simple to understand break down and also provided the links to Enco for ease of ordering.

https://prezhost.com/2020/03/26/south-bend-recommended-lubricants/#respond

mike allen

        I got all my oils for my 9A at WW Grainger . I took the original #'s to a local oil distributer & had them cross them to current oils & then had Grainger cross them to the brands they carried

        animal

On 3/26/2020 1:02 AM, Bill in OKC too via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

david_g4000

John D.

Very simple chart. I like it.

Thanks,

Dave

On 3/26/2020 12:14 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:

To get rid of the disgusting advertising on the prezhost site here's the information that could have just as easily been in that email.

John Dammeyer

I suggest getting a few people in on the deal, ordering the 4 gallons, then splitting them up. It does save money.

WAY OIL
Mobile Vactra #2
Manufacturer�s #: 98458N
WAY OIL