From: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io> on behalf of G K via groups.io <bug_hunter2000@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:04 PM
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] SB9c rebuild - Saddle

Hey Guys,

Little insight needed.

How is the brass T-nut removed from the saddle on a 9c?  I removed the brass lock screw from the top of the saddle, but no idea how to get the pin out from inside of the t-nut.

Thoughts/experience?

Stuart Wilby

Edited

Loosen the centre screw, this relieves the side pressure of the friction pin enough to gently tap the phosphor bronze ( mine is cast iron) with a soft drift, and it will come out without too much effort. I am assuming you are referring to the crosslide threaded tee nut which is on the saddle.