Topics

pdf files wont open

Jim Schaffroth

I can't open PDF files here.  I can go to the yahoo group and they open fine. Not so here.

Jim_B

I just logged in on a Win-7 machine using Firefox and did not have any trouble.
To be sure I logged in on a MAC-book-Pro using Safari, also no problem.
I tried 3 files.
Which one I an issue?

--
Jim B

Jim Schaffroth

Can't open any. I use my phone. Don't even have a PC. Maybe it's my phone. Seems odd I can open them on the Yahoo site but not here. Thanks for checking.

Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] pdf files wont open
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Date: Friday, June 29, 2018, 12:20 PM

I just

beeeeeee4 via Groups.Io <beeeeeee4=yahoo.com@groups.io>
wrote:
I can't open PDF files here.  I
can go to the yahoo group and they open fine. Not so here.

--

Jim B

Jim_B

I did check on my IPhone8.
No issue their either.
Now I am a moderator.
Perhaps that’s the difference.
I will look into permissions.
Perhaps a non moderator member can check also.

Sent from my iPhone-8
Jim B,

On Jun 29, 2018, at 3:59 PM, Jim Schaffroth via Groups.Io <beeeeeee4=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Can't open any. I use my phone. Don't even have a PC. Maybe it's my phone. Seems odd I can open them on the Yahoo site but not here. Thanks for checking.

Jim B

George Meinschein

I just tried on my Droid phone. Some open with Chrome, some don't. For those that didn't open immediately, I could do a long press on the link and open/download/view in a new tab.

Thanks,
George H. Meinschein, P.E.

WANTED: Bent, busted, rusted, and/or generally dysfunctional long guns

Meinschein Engineering Consultants, LLC
150 Brittany Drive
Freehold, NJ 07728-1500

Email: george.meinschein@...
Direct Dial: 732-409-0778
Cell: 732-580-1736
Fax: 732-358-0369
www.meinscheinengineering.com

 To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
 Date: Friday, June 29, 2018, 12:20 PM

 I just

 wrote:
 I can't open PDF files here.  I
 can go to the yahoo group and they open fine. Not so here.

 --

 Jim B

Jim_B

I checked the files permissions settings.
All members can view, only moderators can upload.

Sent from my iPhone-8
Jim B,

On Jun 29, 2018, at 4:11 PM, Jim_B <@Jim_B> wrote:

I did check on my IPhone8.
No issue their either.
Now I am a moderator.
Perhaps that’s the difference.
I will look into permissions.
Perhaps a non moderator member can check also.

Sent from my iPhone-8
Jim B,

--
Jim B

Steven H

I am able to access the Group files without issue from my iPhone 7 and my desktop computer.

Steve Haskell
Troy, MI

On Jun 29, 2018, at 4:11 PM, Jim_B <@Jim_B> wrote:

I did check on my IPhone8.
No issue their either.
Now I am a moderator.
Perhaps that’s the difference.
I will look into permissions.
Perhaps a non moderator member can check also.

Sent from my iPhone-8
Jim B,

On Jun 29, 2018, at 3:59 PM, Jim Schaffroth via Groups.Io <beeeeeee4=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Can't open any. I use my phone. Don't even have a PC. Maybe it's my phone. Seems odd I can open them on the Yahoo site but not here. Thanks for checking.

Jim B

Don Verdiani

I seem to have no trouble opening files and pictures with my PC.

Don V

I am able to access the Group files without issue from my iPhone 7 and my desktop computer.

Steve Haskell
Troy, MI
On Jun 29, 2018, at 4:11 PM, Jim_B <@Jim_B> wrote:

I did check on my IPhone8.
No issue their either.
Now I am a moderator.
Perhaps that’s the difference.
I will look into permissions.
Perhaps a non moderator member can check also.

Sent from my iPhone-8
Jim B,

On Jun 29, 2018, at 3:59 PM, Jim Schaffroth via Groups.Io <beeeeeee4=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Can't open any. I use my phone. Don't even have a PC. Maybe it's my phone. Seems odd I can open them on the Yahoo site but not here. Thanks for checking.

Jim B

Jim Schaffroth

Yeh, apparently it's something specific to my phone.

To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Date: Friday, June 29, 2018, 4:11 PM

<@Jim_B>

--
Jim B

ww_big_al

Just logged in with a iPad Pro using Safari. Worked well for me. I could see/load files

On Jun 29, 2018, at 4:11 PM, Jim_B <@Jim_B> wrote:

I did check on my IPhone8.
No issue their either.
Now I am a moderator.
Perhaps that’s the difference.
I will look into permissions.
Perhaps a non moderator member can check also.

Sent from my iPhone-8
Jim B,

On Jun 29, 2018, at 3:59 PM, Jim Schaffroth via Groups.Io <beeeeeee4=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Can't open any. I use my phone. Don't even have a PC. Maybe it's my phone. Seems odd I can open them on the Yahoo site but not here. Thanks for checking.

Jim B

Jim Schaffroth

Lol Yeh it's weird. I can open pdfs anywhere but here.

To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Date: Saturday, June 30, 2018, 11:07 AM

wrote:

> I did
check on my IPhone8.
> No issue their
either.
> Now I am a moderator.
> Perhaps that’s the difference.
> I will look into permissions.
> Perhaps a non moderator member can check
also.

> Sent from
my iPhone-8