Make a new yoke bracket for collet closer

Greg

I have been having a lot of trouble locating the yoke bracket I need for my 10L Heavy lever collet closer. I occasionally see a 5C collet adapter sleeve as well as the spindle nose thread protector that I need on eBay, but to date I have yet to run across a yoke bracket. So I am thinking of trying to make one. BUT, not having anything other than pictures to go by makes that equally difficult. Any chance anybody out there has a drawing that shows the dimensions and accurate angles for this thing? I have little doubt the original was made from cast iron which is not an option. But I could acquire the needed steel bar and go with it from there. With the cost of stock material & delivery these days, I really don't want to burn through a few copies trying to get the dimensions & angles right. Thanks, Greg

sblatheman

I have one for sale.
Send me an email.
Latheman2@...
Ted

On Sep 26, 2022, at 6:28 PM, Greg <condor6213@...> wrote:

I have been having a lot of trouble locating the yoke bracket I need for my 10L Heavy lever collet closer. I occasionally see a 5C collet adapter sleeve as well as the spindle nose thread protector that I need on eBay, but to date I have yet to run across a yoke bracket. So I am thinking of trying to make one. BUT, not having anything other than pictures to go by makes that equally difficult. Any chance anybody out there has a drawing that shows the dimensions and accurate angles for this thing? I have little doubt the original was made from cast iron which is not an option. But I could acquire the needed steel bar and go with it from there. With the cost of stock material & delivery these days, I really don't want to burn through a few copies trying to get the dimensions & angles right. Thanks, Greg

Jim_B

Jim B,

--
Jim B

Jim_B

More pictures available if needed.

Jim B,

On Sep 26, 2022, at 7:12 PM, Jim_B <jim@...> wrote:

Jim B,

--
Jim B

--
Jim B

Greg

Hey Jim, thanks for the pics and info. That will be a lot of help if I end up making one!! Greg

--
Jim B