Topics

Large Dial for Your Lathe - DRO instead!

Ron Goodger

I fretted about backlash and a larger dial until I ran across this idea.  I now have digital readouts on both axes and plan on putting one on the tailstock as well.  You can’t beat Harbor Freight when they run a sale on them for $10 each.  I can send photos of how I did it on my Heavy 10 if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riHF9NG9GNo

Ron Goodger

carbure2003

At some point I had Igaging DRO scales on both axis on my 10K. I never  really used the xslide scale as it is less accurate than the dial. THe Z axis is a must. I use it everytime the machine is in use.  It well worth the $70 cdn it cost me at Busy Bee store.

scale took less than 30 min.

Guy Cadrin

I fretted about backlash and a larger dial until I ran across this idea.  I now have digital readouts on both axes and plan on putting one on the tailstock as well.  You can’t beat Harbor Freight when they run a sale on them for $10 each.  I can send photos of how I did it on my Heavy 10 if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riHF9NG9GNo

Ron Goodger

Simple ED Solution Is Leaving Women Speechless
Med Journal
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/5d7c05d82291f5d76675st01vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

Rick Kruger

DROs would be nice.  I have DROs on my mills, and now that I have a Monarch 10EE, it has (came to me with) Newall DROs on two axes.  Very sweet.  I never look at the dials for anything but the compound now.  Maybe at a later time.

Right now, we are just trying to get the cross slide screw repaired.  Whether he uses the dials or a DRO, still requires a functioning feed screw.

Rick

Steve Yasgur

Yeah . . . I’m screwed . . . with any luck . . .

Stevan S. Yasgur
Suite 550
3300 Edinborough Way
Edina, MN. 55435
(952) 893-9393

NOTICE: This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete it. This email is not, nor shall it be deemed to be, legal advice or counsel, unless the recipient already has an attorney-client relationship with the firm or me. This email does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Thank you.

On Sep 13, 2019, at 8:48 PM, Rick Kruger <krugerr@...> wrote:

DROs would be nice.  I have DROs on my mills, and now that I have a Monarch 10EE, it has (came to me with) Newall DROs on two axes.  Very sweet.  I never look at the dials for anything but the compound now.  Maybe at a later time.

Right now, we are just trying to get the cross slide screw repaired.  Whether he uses the dials or a DRO, still requires a functioning feed screw.

Rick

amriensr

I'd like to have a look at how you did the DRO's on your Heavy Ten. So far I only them on the carriage, and tail stock.
Thanks
Anthony

On Friday, September 13, 2019, 10:40:19 PM EDT, Steve Yasgur <steve@...> wrote:

[...]

Here is the DRO setup on my 10K.

Two little mounting screws required . I drilled and tapped 6-32 holes in the bed casting to hold the ruler. The reading head is mounted directly on the saddle using existing bolt holes as seen on the picture.  The display is. Mounted on the taper attachment.

[...]

Diabetes Discovery Leaves Doctors Speechless
bloodsugarformula.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/5d7cee902d4296e8f0f2fst04vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

Payson