Topics

it's alive!!!! - first run of a SB13B I am working on

Des

https://youtu.be/sNumbAgICXI

still a lot of work to do, but it's actually turning now. A very big shout out to Steve Wells for the assist on the overhead countershaft speed figure.

Des in Oz (Australia)

RJ White

Thanks for showing this, good to see these old machines running.

On Mar 22, 2020, at 6:42 PM, Des via Groups.Io <desbromilow@...> wrote:

https://youtu.be/sNumbAgICXI

still a lot of work to do, but it's actually turning now. A very big shout out to Steve Wells for the assist on the overhead countershaft speed figure.

Des in Oz (Australia)

Jim Schaffroth

I’m missing the top pulleys for my lathe. I am thinking of using one pulley on top and a treadmill motor. Is that a serpentine belt you used?  Did you use a splicer?

On Sunday, March 22, 2020, 6:42:16 PM PDT, Des via Groups.Io <desbromilow@...> wrote:

https://youtu.be/sNumbAgICXI

still a lot of work to do, but it's actually turning now. A very big shout out to Steve Wells for the assist on the overhead countershaft speed figure.

Des in Oz (Australia)

mike allen

        my treadmill motor had a fan on the outboard side , so I took off teh flywheel/cast pulley & made my own pulley from a hunk of aluminum & then I marked the shaft where then set screw lined up & ground a flat

        there fore the set screw to stop on . be careful if ya do pull the pulley , it's a left hand thread 1/2 x13 LH taps & dies are readily available & their pretty cheap . what are ya gonna use for a speed controller?

        animal

On 3/23/2020 5:37 PM, Jim Schaffroth via Groups.Io wrote:
I’m missing the top pulleys for my lathe. I am thinking of using one pulley on top and a treadmill motor. Is that a serpentine belt you used?  Did you use a splicer?

On Sunday, March 22, 2020, 6:42:16 PM PDT, Des via Groups.Io <desbromilow@...> wrote:

https://youtu.be/sNumbAgICXI

still a lot of work to do, but it's actually turning now. A very big shout out to Steve Wells for the assist on the overhead countershaft speed figure.

Des in Oz (Australia)

Jim Schaffroth

I have the one that came with the treadmill. I put a 10k potentiometer on it