From: SouthBendLathe@groups.io [mailto:SouthBendLathe@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Gallo via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 10:13 AM
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Subject: [SouthBendLathe] heavy ten lever type collet closer

Hi,

I have a new to me 10l with a lever type collet closer. Is there any information in the files on how to use or adjust this? I ask because the drawbar does not seem to be long enough. With a collet installed it only seems to lock after only 1 or 2 threads are engaged. Any more than that and it will not fully close. Is there some way to adjust the way tis locks up? I have never used one before, but I trust that the original owner used it often.

Thanks, John.

John Gallo

Hi John,

I have the standard threaded spindle.

John

John Fischer

Ok, that’s not it then…  You should have plenty of thread engagement, not sure what is off.