Dave Eggebraaten (AF5IA)

I don't think you were asking about my design, but...

I will include some pictures of mine.   This is a SB 14 1/2 lathe.

On 9/24/2019 5:48 AM, ww_big_al wrote:
Jim-B
I looked though the files but didn't find your write up on the dial indicator holder you designed. Could you please post/load it up on this site. That is moving up on my to do list.

ww_big_al

Thanks. Another good idea. The unit Jim drew up was to clamp on the bed for the carriage movement. Now I have another project on my “to do” list.

Al

From: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Eggebraaten (AF5IA)
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:56 AM
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] Dial Indicator Holder for 9/10k Lathe

I don't think you were asking about my design, but...

I will include some pictures of mine.   This is a SB 14 1/2 lathe.

On 9/24/2019 5:48 AM, ww_big_al wrote:

Jim-B
I looked though the files but didn't find your write up on the dial indicator holder you designed. Could you please post/load it up on this site. That is moving up on my to do list.

Jim_B

The bed mounted one or the QCTP mounted one (or both)?

-8
Jim B,

--
Jim B

Jim_B

Drawings and pictures of the 9” and 10” holders.
Sent from my MacBook

Jim B.

On Sep 24, 2019, at 6:48 AM, ww_big_al <arknack@...> wrote:

Jim-B
I looked though the files but didn't find your write up on the dial indicator holder you designed. Could you please post/load it up on this site. That is moving up on my to do list.

--
Jim B

ww_big_al

I’m interested in the bed mounted unit in other may want the the QCTP one

Al Knack

On Sep 24, 2019, at 9:46 AM, Jim_B <jim@...> wrote:

The bed mounted one or the QCTP mounted one (or both)?

-8
Jim B,

On Sep 24, 2019, at 6:48 AM, ww_big_al <arknack@...> wrote:

Jim-B
I looked though the files but didn't find your write up on the dial indicator holder you designed. Could you please post/load it up on this site. That is moving up on my to do list.

--
Jim B

Jim_B

DI Mounted on TP.  Used often for truing 4-jaw.

Bar is square stock wit multiple holes to move DI

Sent from my MacBook

Jim B.

On Sep 24, 2019, at 12:23 PM, ww_big_al <arknack@...> wrote:

I’m interested in the bed mounted unit in other may want the the QCTP one

Al Knack

--
Jim B

ww_big_al

Thanks Jim. That’s what I was looking for.

Al Knack

On Sep 24, 2019, at 10:00 AM, Jim_B <jim@...> wrote:

<9-in-finished.jpeg>

<dial indicator holder.jpeg>
<9-and-10-on-10.jpeg>

<dial indicator holder 9 inch.jpeg>

Drawings and pictures of the 9” and 10” holders.
Sent from my MacBook

Jim B.

On Sep 24, 2019, at 6:48 AM, ww_big_al <arknack@...> wrote:

Jim-B
I looked though the files but didn't find your write up on the dial indicator holder you designed. Could you please post/load it up on this site. That is moving up on my to do list.

--
Jim B

carbure2003

MRpete222 on youtube has a video on a QCTP 3D printed dial holder.

I’m interested in the bed mounted unit in other may want the the QCTP one

Al Knack

On Sep 24, 2019, at 9:46 AM, Jim_B <jim@...> wrote:

The bed mounted one or the QCTP mounted one (or both)?

-8
Jim B,

On Sep 24, 2019, at 6:48 AM, ww_big_al <arknack@...> wrote:

Jim-B
I looked though the files but didn't find your write up on the dial indicator holder you designed. Could you please post/load it up on this site. That is moving up on my to do list.

--
Jim B

Former White House Official, David Stockman, Issues Warning
charlesstreetresearch.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/5d8a8f5f610abf5f37b8st02vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

Guenther Paul

There is on on e-bay that mounts on the carriage and travels with it i think the woman is asking way to much. I use a 2" travel dial  indicator i clamp on the bed.

GP

On Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 05:49:54 PM EDT, carbure2003 <guycad@...> wrote:

[...]

AT this price you can get a 36" dro scale from igaging that takes 5 min to install on almost any lathe. I got scales on all my machines. It is accurate enough for hobby work, but not accurate enough for cross feed

Guy Cadrin

I’m interested in the bed mounted unit in other may want the the QCTP one

Al Knack

On Sep 24, 2019, at 9:46 AM, Jim_B <jim@...> wrote:

The bed mounted one or the QCTP mounted one (or both)?

-8
Jim B,

On Sep 24, 2019, at 6:48 AM, ww_big_al <arknack@...> wrote:

Jim-B
I looked though the files but didn't find your write up on the dial indicator holder you designed. Could you please post/load it up on this site. That is moving up on my to do list.

--
Jim B

Former White House Official, David Stockman, Issues Warning
charlesstreetresearch.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/5d8a8f5f610abf5f37b8st02vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

1 Simple Trick Removes Eye Bags & Lip Lines in Seconds
besthealthlife.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/5d8a9a356cfe91a34446est03vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

Guenther Paul

I contacted the woman seller of the traveling indicator. I told her the very same DRO's would be cheaper and more convenient, i also told her she was way to high in her selling price. She in turn blocked me from her site. How stupid. she buys equipment and don't know what she has. Her stuff bean for sale for quite some time

GP

On Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 06:36:42 PM EDT, carbure2003 <guycad@...> wrote:

[...]

fwhite913

I think a lot of overpriced item sellers know what the value of their item.  They are counting on the lack of knowledge of their buyers.

On 09/24/2019 07:31 PM, Guenther Paul wrote:

[...]

My friend is still running his shop, he has this type of indicator on all his lathes, he flipped when i told him what the seller on e-bay want for them

GP

On Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 09:49:30 PM EDT, fwhite913 via Groups.Io <913fred@...> wrote:

[...]

druid_noibn

Hi,
The item is aimed at collectors or folks who what to complete the look and feel of a vintage system - for more accuracy, indeed use a DRO.  As for the seller - look at the feedback, in particular the negative and neutral - it says a lot about the folks one is dealing with.
Be well,
DBN aka John

William Nelson

I bought 2 items from this seller. The first was a bunch of reamers which were fine and the shipping was ok because they were heavy. The second was a lot of new carbide endmills which weren't new. They had chips in the flutes. When I complained the responce from her ( or him) was that a machinist said they were new. It wasn't worth the hassle of sending them back on my dime. Her shipping is a joke. She says flat rate shipping for almost everything but sends it in a small plastic bag instead. Claims to give shipping rebates but that's a lie. Bottom line I wont ever buy from that one again.

Sam

Which seller ?
That way we can block

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 11:21 AM William Nelson <wnnelson@...> wrote:
I bought 2 items from this seller. The first was a bunch of reamers which were fine and the shipping was ok because they were heavy. The second was a lot of new carbide endmills which weren't new. They had chips in the flutes. When I complained the responce from her ( or him) was that a machinist said they were new. It wasn't worth the hassle of sending them back on my dime. Her shipping is a joke. She says flat rate shipping for almost everything but sends it in a small plastic bag instead. Claims to give shipping rebates but that's a lie. Bottom line I wont ever buy from that one again.

Guenther Paul

Sam
Its gigigirl111 she wants $ 359.99 that's crazy

GP

On Thursday, September 26, 2019, 01:09:21 PM EDT, Sam <i.am.sam.sam.i.am2008@...> wrote:

Which seller ?
That way we can block

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 11:21 AM William Nelson <wnnelson@...> wrote:
I bought 2 items from this seller. The first was a bunch of reamers which were fine and the shipping was ok because they were heavy. The second was a lot of new carbide endmills which weren't new. They had chips in the flutes. When I complained the responce from her ( or him) was that a machinist said they were new. It wasn't worth the hassle of sending them back on my dime. Her shipping is a joke. She says flat rate shipping for almost everything but sends it in a small plastic bag instead. Claims to give shipping rebates but that's a lie. Bottom line I wont ever buy from that one again.

Morris Mallard

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS

On Thursday, September 26, 2019, 1:51:27 PM EDT, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

[...]

William
Was it gigigirl111 if you bought the end mills with in the last 6 month and paid with paypal you can send the end mills back on her dime. I had a similar incident with a seller out of california i paid for 5 end mills he send me 6 but they where all dull. after i complained to to him he refunded all my money. I paid $ 8.00 each to get the ends sharpened witch was more then the cost of the endmills. I gave him a bad rating he did absolutely not like it so he blocked me. According to e-bay  he can block 3 buyers before e-bay reprimand him. I asked the seller before i bought them if they where sharp, he replied yes. We just have to be careful because most seller dont know what they sell. All they want is $$$$$$

GP