Seeking recomendation on flat drive belt replacement

Paul_Piorkowski

South Bend Goup:
The 1" flat leather drive belt is slipping and has stretched to the limit of the adjustment. Although I have used what looks like a tar based dressing it is clear there is slipping.

I am seeking recomendation on the best replacement. I am considering using the back side of a modern automotive serpentine belt.

Paul

Bill in OKC too

search ebay for custom flat belt south bend and you should find several.

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Thursday, October 28, 2021, 02:39:42 PM CDT, Paul_Piorkowski via groups.io <paul_piorkowski@...> wrote:

South Bend Goup:
The 1" flat leather drive belt is slipping and has stretched to the limit of the adjustment. Although I have used what looks like a tar based dressing it is clear there is slipping.

I am seeking recomendation on the best replacement. I am considering using the back side of a modern automotive serpentine belt.

Paul

Andrei

You can still buy flat belts, brand spanking new.

Our high performance 3 ply belting will out last leather lathe flat belts by many years. Each belt comes complete with clipper lacing installed and a coated pin.
www.squirreldaddy.com

also look on amazon and ebay. gobs of them out there.