Mystery Headstock

Pat Johnson

Hi Gents

Can anybody identify this headstock please? I understand it’s either from a South Bend or an Atlas

If it helps I can get it measured.

Thanks
Pat

George Meinschein

Pat,
I'll go with Atlas 10" Model D.

Thanks, George Meinschein 150 Brittany Drive Freehold, NJ 07728 gmeinschein@... Cell#: 732-580-1736

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

--
-George M.

John Amundson

This is my Atlas 10

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 1:18 PM, Pat Johnson
<pj86400@...> wrote:

Hi Gents

Can anybody identify this headstock please? I understand it’s either from a South Bend or an Atlas

If it helps I can get it measured.

Thanks
Pat

Bill in OKC too

Atlas 10" That part number is a dead giveaway, as is the sheave on the countershaft.

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Sunday, September 19, 2021, 03:18:10 PM CDT, Pat Johnson <pj86400@...> wrote:

Hi Gents

Can anybody identify this headstock please? I understand it’s either from a South Bend or an Atlas

If it helps I can get it measured.

Thanks
Pat

Bill in OKC too

Yours doesn't have original sheaves on the countershaft or motor. Headstock is a different model, too, but can't see enough of it for me to tell which one it is. A photo from the opposite side might have a casting number in it.

Bill in OKC <--- not an expert on Atlas or SB lathes, by any means, but have an Atlas 10F TH42 that is usable as soon as I oil it. My SB Heavy 10L needs quite a bit of restoration work, though.

<pj86400@...> wrote:

Hi Gents

Can anybody identify this headstock please? I understand it’s either from a South Bend or an Atlas

If it helps I can get it measured.

Thanks
Pat

Pat Johnson

Thanks so much guys. It came as part of a lot so I’ve put it on eBay in the U.K. and didn’t want to describe it as something it’s not. Think I can confidently change the description now.

Coincidentally I’m picking up a SB13 tomorrow really looking forward to getting it home.

Some more photos from the back.