Too Good / Bad To Be True - Craigslait

Payson

Bill in OKC too

I've already got more lathes than I can really fit in my shop, and if I were in that area, I'd be spraining something trying to get that one, too. :(

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Monday, July 26, 2021, 02:15:47 PM CDT, Payson <egreene104@...> wrote:

mike allen

        damn!!!! it's a large dial too . a bit of a drive from here though

        animal

On 7/26/2021 12:22 PM, Bill in OKC too via groups.io wrote:

I've already got more lathes than I can really fit in my shop, and if I were in that area, I'd be spraining something trying to get that one, too. :(

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Monday, July 26, 2021, 02:15:47 PM CDT, Payson <egreene104@...> wrote:

mike allen

        I'd pay teh 150 if someone was to get it & send me the dials & they can keep the rest

        animal

On 7/26/2021 12:15 PM, Payson wrote:

Andrei

Where is this Mythical South Coast? There is no state or ZIP code attached to the posting.

        I'd pay teh 150 if someone was to get it & send me the dials & they can keep the rest

        animal

On 7/26/2021 12:15 PM, Payson wrote:
Look at this. Not mine.
https://southcoast.craigslist.org/tls/d/new-bedford-south-bend-lathe/7355051053.html

Payson.

Nfwood

Connecticutt.

Nelson W,

Where is this Mythical South Coast? There is no state or ZIP code attached to the posting.

        I'd pay teh 150 if someone was to get it & send me the dials & they can keep the rest
        animal
On 7/26/2021 12:15 PM, Payson wrote:
Look at this. Not mine.
https://southcoast.craigslist.org/tls/d/new-bedford-south-bend-lathe/7355051053.html

Payson.

G K

Had a similar add a while ago in Wisconsin.  I quickly responded and never heard back.  Good luck to someone.  Part out would be well worth the $150.

On Monday, July 26, 2021, 02:46:29 PM CDT, Nfwood via groups.io <nfwood@...> wrote:

Connecticutt.

Nelson W,

Where is this Mythical South Coast? There is no state or ZIP code attached to the posting.

        I'd pay teh 150 if someone was to get it & send me the dials & they can keep the rest
        animal
On 7/26/2021 12:15 PM, Payson wrote:
Look at this. Not mine.
https://southcoast.craigslist.org/tls/d/new-bedford-south-bend-lathe/7355051053.html

Payson.

Andrei

That's an 8 hour drive (each way) from my Virginia location. Doable.

Where is this Mythical South Coast? There is no state or ZIP code attached to the posting.

        I'd pay teh 150 if someone was to get it & send me the dials & they can keep the rest
        animal
On 7/26/2021 12:15 PM, Payson wrote:
Look at this. Not mine.
https://southcoast.craigslist.org/tls/d/new-bedford-south-bend-lathe/7355051053.html

Payson.

Payson

It's in Bedford, MA. I drive past there every day, but I'm chicken to go look at it! Just off of Rt.128 / 95. Next to Concord. 8 or 10 miles outside Boston. 1 if by South Bend, 2 if by...

PG

E A

there. fixed it for you.

1 if buy South Bend, 2 if buy...

It's in Bedford, MA. I drive past there every day, but I'm chicken to go look at it! Just off of Rt.128 / 95. Next to Concord. 8 or 10 miles outside Boston. 1 if by South Bend, 2 if by...

PG

Bill in OKC too

According to the map, it's in Rhode Island, so quite a drive for me.

On Monday, July 26, 2021, 02:34:58 PM CDT, mike allen <animal@...> wrote:

        I'd pay teh 150 if someone was to get it & send me the dials & they can keep the rest

        animal

On 7/26/2021 12:15 PM, Payson wrote:

Bill in OKC too

There's a map in the upper right corner of the listing, and if you back out far enough, you see that it's in Rhode Island. I did that in answer to MIke's question. Nearest coast to me is about 600 miles, but Rhode Island is at least double that. Waaaaahhh. I'd probably sell my Atlas if I could get a working or quickly restorable 9" SB lathe... But this ain't it.

On Monday, July 26, 2021, 02:43:29 PM CDT, Andrei <calciu1@...> wrote:

Where is this Mythical South Coast? There is no state or ZIP code attached to the posting.

        I'd pay teh 150 if someone was to get it & send me the dials & they can keep the rest

        animal

On 7/26/2021 12:15 PM, Payson wrote:
Look at this. Not mine.
https://southcoast.craigslist.org/tls/d/new-bedford-south-bend-lathe/7355051053.html

Payson.

Jim_B

If you zoom the map out and move the map to uncover the west you will see the dotted  line showing the MA/RI border. It's In Mass.

--
Jim B

Bill in OKC too

It was, in any case, way to far for me to be further interested, so didn't get to see a border. Last time I was in that area was in 1987, greyhounding from Dover Delaware to NW Florida. That was back in the day before I'd found any lathe I could afford. Now I'm hoarding them. ;)

On Monday, July 26, 2021, 03:45:47 PM CDT, Jim_B <jim@...> wrote:

[...]

        with Craigslist if you look in the upper left of the add  like this add you will see CL South Coast for sale tools .. lust click on the words in this case South Coast & that takes you to the main CL page for that area  which in this

        case is https://southcoast.craigslist.org/ . man I wish folks would pull their adds when item is sold !!

        animal

On 7/26/2021 1:45 PM, Jim_B wrote:

[...]

I'm working about 3 minutes from New Bedford (Whaling capital of old New England) and would drop my tools and run if she'd only return my email.

On 7/26/2021 1:45 PM, Jim_B wrote:
[...]

Nick Andrews

Bill, my brother has one for sale in Prescott Valley AZ.  He even bought rebuild kit with new felts and oils and such before he found the 13" he is going to keep.  I think he's looking for $1500, has some chucks and other tooling with it, pretty good shape.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 3:39 PM Bill in OKC too via groups.io <wmrmeyers=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

wmrmeyers@gmail.com

That's more than I could scrape up. I could manage $150. It probably wouldn't get me killed, either. $1500 is another story entirely. Maybe after I finish the refurb on the Heavy 10L, which she bought for me for Christmas a few years ago, it would be doable.

On Monday, July 26, 2021, 04:35:40 PM CDT, Nick Andrews <nickjandrews@...> wrote:

[...]

I understand that!  I can't believe Jess let him buy the second one, actually.