I only had it delivered two days ago ...I need it for a special job and now I can’t find it anywhere..I have been searching for 4 hours and still no luck...I’ve checked everywhere all the places that usually I find lost items ..even that compartment at the back of the lathe bed under the tailstock (all I found there was some turnings and a spanner)...the only sure way that I will find it, is to order another one, and it will appear like magic.

Roger Bickers

Did you have a kid or a woman in your shop? You know they can't keep their hands off anything and better than where it should go.

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 10:21 AM, trackthatpot2000
<timmsken@...> wrote:
I only had it delivered two days ago ...I need it for a special job and now I can’t find it anywhere..I have been searching for 4 hours and still no luck...I’ve checked everywhere all the places that usually I find lost items ..even that compartment at the back of the lathe bed under the tailstock (all I found there was some turnings and a spanner)...the only sure way that I will find it, is to order another one, and it will appear like magic.

jonwoellhaf

Did you look in the refrigerator? Shop apron? Clothes in the hamper? I rarely find something where I’ve looked – even multiple times. It’s usually where I haven’t looked because it wouldn’t be there. Good luck! Smile

From: trackthatpot2000
Sent: March 20, 2021 08:21
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Subject: [SouthBendLathe] Missing reamer

I only had it delivered two days ago ...I need it for a special job and now I can’t find it anywhere..I have been searching for 4 hours and still no luck...I’ve checked everywhere all the places that usually I find lost items ..even that compartment at the back of the lathe bed under the tailstock (all I found there was some turnings and a spanner)...the only sure way that I will find it, is to order another one, and it will appear like magic.

Jack Dinan

I can’t tell you how many times this happens to me recently.

I’ll put down thing #1 while I go to get thing #2 and then spend ten minutes searching for thing #1.

Drives me nuts.

Did you look in the refrigerator? Shop apron? Clothes in the hamper? I rarely find something where I’ve looked – even multiple times. It’s usually where I haven’t looked because it wouldn’t be there. Good luck! <wlEmoticon-smile[1].png>

I only had it delivered two days ago ...I need it for a special job and now I can’t find it anywhere..I have been searching for 4 hours and still no luck...I’ve checked everywhere all the places that usually I find lost items ..even that compartment at the back of the lathe bed under the tailstock (all I found there was some turnings and a spanner)...the only sure way that I will find it, is to order another one, and it will appear like magic.

jonwoellhaf

Yes! However, I’ve found an antidote: I say to myself, “I’m putting the screwdriver on the step ladder.” That works. Problem is, I usually don’t remember to do that.

I can’t tell you how many times this happens to me recently.

I’ll put down thing #1 while I go to get thing #2 and then spend ten minutes searching for thing #1.

Drives me nuts.

Jack Dinan

This is amazing. I do the same thing. Say it out loud to myself!

Yes! However, I’ve found an antidote: I say to myself, “I’m putting the screwdriver on the step ladder.” That works. Problem is, I usually don’t remember to do that.

I can’t tell you how many times this happens to me recently.

I’ll put down thing #1 while I go to get thing #2 and then spend ten minutes searching for thing #1.

Drives me nuts.

Bill in OKC too

You're not by any means the only one. I try to visualize each step of what I was doing when this happens. Sometimes it even works. :) Starting to think I need to leave a small dish of whiskey out for the  Brownies. Though it's probably too late for that.

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

Sent: March 20, 2021 08:21

I only had it delivered two days ago ...I need it for a special job and now I can’t find it anywhere..I have been searching for 4 hours and still no luck...I’ve checked everywhere all the places that usually I find lost items ..even that compartment at the back of the lathe bed under the tailstock (all I found there was some turnings and a spanner)...the only sure way that I will find it, is to order another one, and it will appear like magic.

Bill in OKC too

I worked for a short time as a special education teacher, and I taught my students to talk themselves through difficult tasks they needed to remember. Subvocalize if possible, better out loud than not at all. It gives your brain more ways to process, which helps in many ways.

I always told them that talking to yourself is only a problem if you get in an argument with yourself, and lose. ;)

SWMBO laughs at me, but it helps. And I've noticed she does it now, too. Though I never say anything about. If I still want live. :)

On Saturday, March 20, 2021, 11:51:37 AM CDT, Jack Dinan <jack@...> wrote:

This is amazing. I do the same thing. Say it out loud to myself!

Yes! However, I’ve found an antidote: I say to myself, “I’m putting the screwdriver on the step ladder.” That works. Problem is, I usually don’t remember to do that.

I can’t tell you how many times this happens to me recently.

I’ll put down thing #1 while I go to get thing #2 and then spend ten minutes searching for thing #1.

Drives me nuts.

jonwoellhaf

Great minds think alike! Smile

This is amazing. I do the same thing. Say it out loud to myself!

Yes! However, I’ve found an antidote: I say to myself, “I’m putting the screwdriver on the step ladder.” That works. Problem is, I usually don’t remember to do that.

I can’t tell you how many times this happens to me recently.

I’ll put down thing #1 while I go to get thing #2 and then spend ten minutes searching for thing #1.

Drives me nuts.

eddie.draper@btinternet.com

I am convinced that not all my possessions exist simultaneously in the same dimension. To make one thing reappear, something else has to go.

The instant reappearance of objects upon procurement of a replacement also sometimes works for me too.

Eddie