Topics

1949 SB 16/24 USAF Lathe

Matt R

I got a SB 16/24 delivered this week. Is in nice shape, all gears look good etc. On the tailstock end it has a foot instead if the typical base. How does the bed get leveled? Do I simply just shim the headstock end to take out the twist? At this point I have it sitting on hockey pucks at the 2 hold down bolt holes on the headstock end and 3 pucks under the foot. This is so I can get under it to move it later to its final resting place. It has a USAF tag so I assume it may have been mounted in a vehicle or ship in its prior life.