From: Payson <egreene104@...>
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Oct 30, 2022 4:15 pm
Subject: [SouthBendLathe] 6” Sears

I came across a 6” Sears. I know they’re not very useful, but I’d like to set it up and offer if to someone wanting to learn how to make chips. Does anyone have, or know where theres a manual or pictures of one setup. I think a few things are missing on this drive.
Thanks very much,

Payson.

Retired Gunsmith

Does this look like your lathe?

Thanx and Good Shootin'
Derrick Martin
ask_derrick@...

I came across a 6” Sears. I know they’re not very useful, but I’d like to set it up and offer if to someone wanting to learn how to make chips. Does anyone have, or know where theres a manual or pictures of one setup. I think a few things are missing on this drive.
Thanks very much,

Payson.

Andrei

Ebay has a bunch of manuals.  Free ones at the atlas craftsman group. Overall, a crappy lathe, but better than none.

I came across a 6” Sears. I know they’re not very useful, but I’d like to set it up and offer if to someone wanting to learn how to make chips. Does anyone have, or know where theres a manual or pictures of one setup. I think a few things are missing on this drive.

Thanks very much,

Payson.

Steven Schlegel

Do you think that little Craftsman lathe is as good as or better than the cheap mini lathes are?

This is probably better and cheaper https://www.grizzly.com/products/grizzly-7-x-12-mini-metal-lathe/g8688

Do you think that little Craftsman lathe is as good as or better than the cheap mini lathes are?

Ebay has a bunch of manuals.  Free ones at the atlas craftsman group. Overall, a crappy lathe, but better than none.

I came across a 6” Sears. I know they’re not very useful, but I’d like to set it up and offer if to someone wanting to learn how to make chips. Does anyone have, or know where theres a manual or pictures of one setup. I think a few things are missing on this drive.

Thanks very much,

Payson.

ww_big_al

If you go to the Machinist Web BBB, there are a couple guys that know Atlas lathes well. One of them is Mondo. http://www.machinistweb.com/forum/