Topics

9" Taper attachment plans

mike allen

I just checked the back order site at HSM lookin for he Jan/Feb 2004 issue with plans for a taper attachment for the 9 " lathe . they don't go back that far. does anyone here have a copy that they might send me ?

        tks

        animal@psln.com

Steven H

There is a HSM Jan/Feb 2004 issue on eBay for $9.99 plus $4 shipping.

Steve Haskell

On Oct 29, 2019, at 5:22 PM, mike allen <animal@psln.com> wrote:

 I just checked the back order site at HSM lookin for he Jan/Feb 2004 issue with plans for a taper attachment for the 9 " lathe . they don't go back that far. does anyone here have a copy that they might send me ?

tks

animal@psln.com

George Meinschein

A quick Google search turned up the attached article from the January 1962 issue of Popular Mechanics.  Maybe that will work for you.

Thanks,
George H. Meinschein, P.E.

Meinschein Engineering Consultants, LLC
150 Brittany Drive
Freehold, NJ 07728-1500
Direct Dial: 732-409-0778
Cell: 732-580-1736
Fax: 732-358-0369
www.meinscheinengineering.com

On Oct 29, 2019, at 5:22 PM, mike allen <animal@...> wrote:

        I just checked the back order site at HSM lookin for he Jan/Feb 2004 issue with plans for a taper attachment for the 9 " lathe . they don't go back that far. does anyone here have a copy that they might send me ?

        tks

        animal@...

Steven H

Mike,
I checked my collection of HSM and happen to have the Jan/Feb 2004 issue with this taper attachment article. I don’t want to give away or sell my issue but can make copies of the pages and mail them to you. If interested, send your mailing address to me at stevesmachining@...

Steve Haskell

On Oct 30, 2019, at 11:09 AM, George Meinschein <bustedguns@...> wrote:

[...]

<Taper attachment plans-Jan 62 Popular Mechanics.pdf>

Sam

If you could post them that would be swell

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:57 PM Steven H via Groups.Io <stevesmachining=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Guenther Paul

If you go back a few messages you will find Mineshine supplied a copy to us

GP

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 1:25:21 PM EDT, Sam <i.am.sam.sam.i.am2008@...> wrote:

[...]

carbure2003

I have a copy buried in a box somewhere. The particular about the 2004 issue is that it is a telescopic taper attachment designed for 9/10k lathe.  it is of a better design as the one attached a few threads before.

[...]

74 Year Old Grandma Shocks Doctors: Forget Botox, Do This!
healthcuter.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/5dba0962d06d29622264st01vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

Steven H

Give me a day or two and I will make pdf files of the HSM Jan/Feb 2004 article and post here. Trouble is my old scanner and computer will only allow me to make each page of the article as it’s own separate pdf file. But perhaps someone can combine all the separate files into one. The article is approx 10 pages or so.

Steve Haskell
Troy, Mi

On Oct 30, 2019, at 6:07 PM, carbure2003 <guycad@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve,
I'll merge them into one file and upload to the group if you send the individual pages to me.

Email: george.meinschein@...

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019, 7:14 PM Steven H via Groups.Io <stevesmachining=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

eddie.draper@btinternet.com

Isn't there a group policy on copyright?

Eddie

On Wednesday, 30 October 2019, 23:25:06 GMT, George Meinschein <bustedguns@...> wrote:

[...]

The PM article is old enough to not matter.

Anything else, is still Fair Use -

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 7:03 AM eddie.draper@... via Groups.Io <eddie.draper=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Jim_B

Yes.
No copyright material should be posted.

-8
Jim B,

--
Jim B

fwhite913

https://www.pdfmerge.com/

merge pdf files into one file ….online

On 10/30/2019 06:13 PM, Steven H via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Dont worry about copyright issues. First is to old 2nd you are not selling the copys

Vince Beachy

Send them to me I can merge them for you.  vincebeachy@...

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 3:07 PM fwhite913 via Groups.Io <913fred=everestkc.net@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Some years ago, a former moderator, Jim Early, ran sever Yahoo groups dedicated to providing obsolete hints and projects, no longer available in print.

I don’t remember the name of the of the groups, something like mwhints

Seems that the copyrights were still valid and the present owner went after Jim.
Is I understand it, and I am not an expert, the law was changed some years ago, I does not depend on age, only on the villagence of the copyright owner.

I would not want to have our group put in jeperdy. If you want to send INDIVIDUAL  copies of the material to members who ask for them OK but please do not post unless YOU KNOW the copyright has expired.

Sent from my MacBook
Jim B.

On Oct 31, 2019, at 3:45 PM, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

Eddie
Dont worry about copyright issues. First is to old 2nd you are not selling the copys

--
Jim B

comstock_friend

Yes, the Home Shop Machinist article would have a very active copyright! I have scanned it, but file is 18MB (I guess I could do it again at lower resolution). PM me and I can send it. My Canon 9000 scanner will keep all the pdf pages in one doc. Free pdfill http://www.pdfill.com/pdf_tools_free.html will also do the same....

John

carbure2003

IF you have acrobat pro, there is a functionality in order to compress pdf files.