16" and 14 1/2" thrust bearing info needed.

MIKE

I have a 50's era 16" lathe and I think I'm going to soon need a new thrust bearing.  Does anyone have the dimensions for the bearing?  I would like to have a replacement before I tear the machine down.  According to the parts list, the 14 1/2" machine has the same bearing.  Thanks

jortman

Hi garretsonmike,

I did my spindle quite a while back.  I have a 14.5 and I do believe I got the bearing and thrust washers from Mc Master.  I did a quick look at some paperwork and found some numbers,  5909K43 cage assembly and 2  5909K56  .032 thick thrust washers.  They are all for 2" shaft diameter and 2.750 OD.  I do think I made a bushing to fit the shaft from some pvc pipe so as to stay centered.  But I would pull the end cover and look to make sure that is the size.  They are not that expensive, 9 or 10 dollars for both when I got mine, but if they don't fit then you have them hanging around for some other project to be used for.

JimO

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:05 PM
Subject: [SOUTHBENDLATHE] 16" and 14 1/2" thrust bearing info needed.

I have a 50's era 16" lathe and I think I'm going to soon need a new thrust bearing.  Does anyone have the dimensions for the bearing?  I would like to have a replacement before I tear the machine down.  According to the parts list, the 14 1/2" machine has the same bearing.  Thanks

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.5646 / Virus Database: 4299/9194 - Release Date: 02/27/15

sblatheman

I have some for sale.
Send me an email.
Ted

On Feb 26, 2015, at 10:05 PM, garretsonmike@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

MIKE

Thanks for the replies.  Latheman, I can't find your email address.

btdtrf <btdtrf@...>

On Feb 27, 2015, at 10:01 PM, garretsonmike@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  Latheman, I can't find your email address.

MIKE

I bought a NOS bearing from Latheman.  Thanks to all that took time to look.

Mike