Digest Number 7267- lathe data

Rangelov

DumbAss alert. I did read the link. AFTER I sent the post.

I wonder how many 14s are in circulation/use?

Dimitar

--- In SOUTHBENDLATHE@yahoogroups.com, "m. allan noah" <kitno455@...> wrote:

No, there was a south bend fourteen- look at the link he posted.

allan

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Rangelov <rangelov@...> wrote:

Jim,

Are you refering to the 14-1/2" lathe? All the literature I've seen calls
it the 14-1/2".

Yes, I am getting a bit anal, but that is the designation. If there is a
14", sorry about my confusion.

Now that I get paychecks again, I might splurge and pay to get a data card
from SB Grizzly.

Dimitar
1945-ish 14-1/2
2. 14" lathe data.
Posted by: "Jim B." btdtrf@... eeengineer1
Date: Wed Jan 1, 2014 1:02 pm ((PST))

I am working on incorporating the 14" lathe into the ship date finder.

However I have no way to check my work.

Does any member have a valid, verified serial number and ship date for a
14" lathe?

If interested you can find out about the 14" lathe here;

http://www.wswells.com/data/catalog/1969-bl-7001/1969-bulletin-7001.pdf

I would like one.

Jim B

Jim B. <btdtrf@...>

There have been a few owners who have posted here. I would say around 10.

I saw one for sale from the same shop where I bought my Heavy 10. Asking price was around $5000.

I believe there were two series of these made.

One made in Europe and the other made in Taiwan

I did not pay much attention to those posts at the time.

According to the data I have, there were between 1640 and 1539 of the first series made between 1969 and 1977 and 614 of the second series made between 1978 and 1983.

The code designation was TT

And that is all I know.

Jim B.