From: "stephenbutler634@..."
To: SOUTHBENDLATHE@...
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2013 2:05 PM
Subject: [SOUTHBENDLATHE] 9a leadscrew gear ???

I have the opportunity to buy a 9a gearbox with leadscrew, but the gear which goes on the end of the leadscrew is missing. I think this is SB part no pT628NK1 which is 24 teeth with a flange and a key way. Can this be modified from a stock gear from the SB9 change gear, or is it a different DP. Thanks

Alistair Campbell

Hi,

Just a thought - judging by your email addy you are in the UK so it might be an idea to try Boxford, the gear would be the same for an imperial SB and Boxford and they might have some left.

Regards

Al

On Monday, 9 December 2013, 19:15, john kling

I have the same issue. I just acquire a gear box that did not come with the gear. I tried a change gear and it clearly does not mesh. A calculation of  dp from a listed gear was 14.7 - which seems implausible.   I wonder if the internals of the qc boxes is largely the same for a heavy 10 or the workshop lathes.