How to Add to the map, DIY

Eggleston Lance <wheezer606@...>

Click on the link to open the map.

Go to the "Additions" tab at the top left.

Click and select "add marker-simple"

Fill in name and Town info

click "submit" at the bottom

done

+++

On Nov 1, 2013, at 3:16 PM, Mpfiller wrote:

Is the only who can add a "pin" to the map the creator?  Was the intent we could do it ourselves?  Is this a bug?

  I would like to be on the map, but not interested in asking the well intentioned member to take on work.

Thanks for creating the map!  Great idea!

Richard

Only it would not function for my attempt.  RS

Click on the link to open the map.
Go to the "Additions" tab at the top left.
Click and select "add marker-simple"
Fill in name and Town info
click "submit" at the bottom
done

+++

On Nov 1, 2013, at 3:16 PM, Mpfiller wrote:

Is the only who can add a "pin" to the map the creator?  Was the intent we could do it ourselves?  Is this a bug?

  I would like to be on the map, but not interested in asking the well intentioned member to take on work.

Thanks for creating the map!  Great idea!

Richard

Tried again, got it to work.  THX! RS

Only it would not function for my attempt.  RS

Click on the link to open the map.
Go to the "Additions" tab at the top left.
Click and select "add marker-simple"
Fill in name and Town info
click "submit" at the bottom
done

+++

On Nov 1, 2013, at 3:16 PM, Mpfiller wrote:

Is the only who can add a "pin" to the map the creator?  Was the intent we could do it ourselves?  Is this a bug?

  I would like to be on the map, but not interested in asking the well intentioned member to take on work.

Thanks for creating the map!  Great idea!

john kling

Is there a way to add/edit the description after the initial posting. Perhaps. is it possible to delete the  marker and then add a new one?

Only it would not function for my attempt.  RS

Click on the link to open the map.
Go to the "Additions" tab at the top left.
Click and select "add marker-simple"
Fill in name and Town info
click "submit" at the bottom
done

+++
On Nov 1, 2013, at 3:16 PM, Mpfiller wrote:

Is the only who can add a "pin" to the map the creator?  Was the intent we could do it ourselves?  Is this a bug?

  I would like to be on the map, but not interested in asking the well intentioned member to take on work.

Thanks for creating the map!  Great idea!

Flash Gordon

Yes you can edit your pin,, just click on your name

ed S

At 04:17 PM 11/1/2013, you wrote:

Is there a way to add/edit the description after the initial posting. Perhaps. is it possible to delete the  marker and then add a new one?

Ken

On November 1, 2013 04:53:18 PM you wrote:
Yes you can edit your pin,, just click on your name

ed S

At 04:17 PM 11/1/2013, you wrote:
That only allows you to move or delete your marker.
To do any other editing you need the URL you were given when you created your
marker.

Ken from Canada.

Flash Gordon

Ken,

It works for me without the URL.

Ed S

At 04:17 PM 11/1/2013, you wrote:
That only allows you to move or delete your marker.
To do any other editing you need the URL you were given when you created your
marker.

Ken from Canada.

Yahoo Groups Links

Flash Gordon

Oh I am using Google Chrome as my explorer.

Ed S

At 04:17 PM 11/1/2013, you wrote:
That only allows you to move or delete your marker.
To do any other editing you need the URL you were given when you created your
marker.

Ken from Canada.

Yahoo Groups Links

Ken

Yes I remember that now from other maps.
Full functionality on them too was only possible using "Google Chrome".

To be quite frank I'll put up with a lot of inconvenience not to be tracked by
Google and/or Microsoft.

The bottom line is that if you didn't save the URL and don't use "Google
Chrome" your only option for a full edit is to delete your marker and start
over.

Ken from Canada.

At 04:17 PM 11/1/2013, you wrote:
That only allows you to move or delete your marker.
To do any other editing you need the URL you were given when you created
your marker.

Ken from Canada.

roefa.excite

Thank You, Sir !
I would have been a while trying to find out "How to" get on the map !
Now that I'm on the map, I see that some towns of 10,000 and less are on
the map, but Memphis is not. It should be the same font size as Nashville
and Little Rock, but it's not even there on a normal size zoom. Cordova suburb is.
I guess we have fallen out of favor again.
;-)
Roger Memphis