HEAVY 10 ASSEMBLY

armne@sbcglobal.net <armne@...>

Hello All,
Well I'm finially putting my South Bend heavy 10 back together and need to know about the pin that locates the headstock to the bed, I must of lost it in the last year, I measaured the bed and the hole is ~ .312" while the headstock hole is .350" is there a stepped pin or is there meant to be like this.
Thank You for any help
Sincerely
Alec Ryals

Flash Gordon

What pin? I have never disassembled a heavy 10.... but my 9" and my 9" "wide" ...which has a heavy 10 bed does not have a locating pin. The head stock slides on the ways and can be bolted down anywhere.

Ed S

At 03:52 PM 5/23/2013, you wrote:

Hello All,
Well I'm finially putting my South Bend heavy 10 back together and need to know about the pin that locates the headstock to the bed, I must of lost it in the last year, I measaured the bed and the hole is ~ .312" while the headstock hole is .350" is there a stepped pin or is there meant to be like this.
Thank You for any help
Sincerely
Alec Ryals

sblatheman

No step. Snug in the bed, loose in the head.

Ted

On May 23, 2013, at 3:52 PM, "armne@..." <armne@...> wrote:

Hello All,
Well I'm finially putting my South Bend heavy 10 back together and need to know about the pin that locates the headstock to the bed, I must of lost it in the last year, I measaured the bed and the hole is ~ .312" while the headstock hole is .350" is there a stepped pin or is there meant to be like this.
Thank You for any help
Sincerely
Alec Ryals

armne@sbcglobal.net <armne@...>

             The Lord is a strong hold in the Day of trouble, and he
                            knoweth
  them that trust in him )(

No step. Snug in the bed, loose in the head.

Ted

On May 23, 2013, at 3:52 PM, "armne@..." <armne@...> wrote:

Hello All,
Well I'm finially putting my South Bend heavy 10 back together and need to know about the pin that locates the headstock to the bed, I must of lost it in the last year, I measaured the bed and the hole is ~ .312" while the headstock hole is .350" is there a stepped pin or is there meant to be like this.
Thank You for any help
Sincerely
Alec Ryals

armne@sbcglobal.net <armne@...>

Thank You Very Much.
Alec Ryals

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, Latheman <latheman2@...> wrote:

No step. Snug in the bed, loose in the head.

Ted

On May 23, 2013, at 3:52 PM, "armne@..." <armne@...> wrote:

Hello All,
Well I'm finially putting my South Bend heavy 10 back together and need to know about the pin that locates the headstock to the bed, I must of lost it in the last year, I measaured the bed and the hole is ~ .312" while the headstock hole is .350" is there a stepped pin or is there meant to be like this.
Thank You for any help
Sincerely
Alec Ryals

ALAN WHEATLEY

Hi Alec

The locating pin does not have to be a precision fit in the bed and the headstock. It's purpose is simply to keep the headstock in alignment with the gears on the banjo and the gearbox -- this saves you a few minutes of assembly time.

Alan