Looking for a slug of cast Iron

Al Costich

Long story short: I came upon two nice five inch Hardinge lathe chucks; a three jaw and a four jaw. Neither, of course will fit on my 9A.

I also have a B&S #10 dividing head. It has a spindle of 2.25x 4.5 tpi.
I'm thinking to bore and thread the chucks to fit the dividing head and
turn a spigot to fit them and the spindle of my lathe.

To that end, I'm looking for a chunk of cast iron 2.5d x 2 long.

Thanks.

Alan

David Rysdam <david@...>

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 12:29:53 -0000, "abcmg68" <alcostich@...> wrote:
To that end, I'm looking for a chunk of cast iron 2.5d x 2 long.
Does it have to be solid? A "black pipe" nipple might work. I had pretty
good luck turning a 3"d one into a small flywheel.