From: dacalkins
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 6:00 PM
Subject: [southbendlathe] Need a feed change lever

I need a feed change lever. I broke mine while disassembling my apron.

Thanks

David

BOB WRIGHT

And what size lathe would you have??? Lots of parts out there.
Craig windmillguyinohio@... might have what you need ...Bob

--- In southbendlathe@..., "dacalkins" <dacalkins@...> wrote:

I need a feed change lever. I broke mine while disassembling my apron.

Thanks

David

dacalkins

I have a SB 9. How about a half nut lever as well? That one was not my fault. Blame UPS.

Thanks--- In southbendlathe@..., "dacalkins" <dacalkins@...> wrote:

I need a feed change lever. I broke mine while disassembling my apron.

Thanks

David

Dennis Turk <dennis.turk2@...>

Hi Dave

The feed direction change lever is drilled and taper reamed on assembly and are not  interchangeable unless you change what the lever is pined to as an assembly.  I have never been able to just change the lever you have to change the cam or eccentric also.  You will need the lever and its mating part for your repair.  That is if we are working on a 9 workshop or a 10K.

Turk

And what size lathe would you have??? Lots of parts out there.
Craig windmillguyinohio@yahoo.com might have what you need ...Bob

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "dacalkins" ..> wrote:

> I need a feed change lever. I broke mine while disassembling my apron.
>
> Thanks
>
> David

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4392 (20090903) __________

http://www.eset.com

dacalkins

Yes this is for a 9. Well then I guess I need the following:
Feed direction change lever
Feed direction cam/eccentric
Half nut lever

Thanks

Dave

Jim B. <btdtrf@...>

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Turk" ...> wrote:

> Hi Dave
>
> The feed direction change lever is drilled and taper reamed on assembly and are not interchangeable unless you change what the lever is pined to as an assembly. I have never been able to just change the lever you have to change the cam or eccentric also. You will need the lever and its mating part for your repair. That is if we are working on a 9 workshop or a 10K.
>
> Turk

Dennis Turk <dennis.turk2@...>

That looks like what he needs Jim.  If you do not find one Dave let me know as I probably have one in all my junk.

Turk

Yes this is for a 9. Well then I guess I need the following:
Feed direction change lever
Feed direction cam/eccentric
Half nut lever

Thanks

Dave

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Turk" ...> wrote:

> Hi Dave
>
> The feed direction change lever is drilled and taper reamed on assembly and are not interchangeable unless you change what the lever is pined to as an assembly. I have never been able to just change the lever you have to change the cam or eccentric also. You will need the lever and its mating part for your repair. That is if we are working on a 9 workshop or a 10K.
>
> Turk

Thanks all

I have put in a bid on ebay for the Feed change lever but I still need the half nut lever. I could not find on on EBAY.

DAvid

--- In southbendlathe@..., "dacalkins" <dacalkins@...> wrote:

I need a feed change lever. I broke mine while disassembling my apron.

Thanks

David

cregg62

David

I repaired the Half Nut Cam Lever on my 10L with JB Weld and a new taper pin from a local mom & pop hardware store; a coat the spray paint and you can't tell that lever has been repaired. The lever broke along the taper pin axis. I ground a bevel along the crack to increase the surface area for the JB Weld to "hold on too". I put a light coat of oil on the taper pin and half nut cam shaft so the JB weld would NOT stick to it. The cam shaft, hole in the lever for the cam shaft, taper pin and the taper pin hole in the lever worked as guide / reference to keep the broken parts in correct position while the JB Weld dried. I assembled the lever on the cam shaft with the taper pin and used a C-camp to hold the two broken pieces of the lever together. I let the weld dry for 24 hours I removed the C-camp and taper pin, I supported the lever and drove the cam shaft out with hammer and brass punch. I filed and sanded the JB Weld.

If there is a next time I am going to try sliver solder that Truk mentioned.

Hope this helps.
Cregg

--- In southbendlathe@..., "dacalkins" <dacalkins@...> wrote:

Thanks all

I have put in a bid on ebay for the Feed change lever but I still need the half nut lever. I could not find on on EBAY.

DAvid

--- In southbendlathe@..., "dacalkins" <dacalkins@> wrote:

I need a feed change lever. I broke mine while disassembling my apron.

Thanks

David

Dennis Turk <dennis.turk2@...>

Hi Dave